Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Everyday, approximately 286,200 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to making an impact that matters. Our West Africa practice serves multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium-sized enterprises and the public sector across Nigeria and Ghana.
In Nigeria, Deloitte is one of the leading professional services firms, specializing in providing Audit, Tax, Consulting, Risk Advisory and Financial Advisory services. We serve clients in a variety of industries from financial services, consumer, telecommunications, media & technology, energy resources & Industrial and government and public services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
>>>CLICK HERE to Join JOBS IN NIGERIA & OVERSEAS Telegram Channel
Job Title: Manager / Senior Manager – Sustainability
Employment Type: Full-time
About Risk Advisory
- Deloitte’s Risk Advisory helps clients focus on areas of increased risk, address the entire spectrum of emerging risks, including disruption due to innovation, cyber, geopolitical, and other trends; and pursue intelligent risk-taking as a means to value creation. Our major service offerings include:
- Financial Industry Risk and Regulatory
- Regulatory and Legal Support
- Accounting and Internal Controls
- Cyber & Strategy Risk
- Our Sustainability approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with economic, social and environmental and governance knowledge to help our clients excel globally. Our Sustainability service offerings include:
- Sustainability Reporting
- Sustainability Assurance
- Strategy and Policy Development
- Circular Economy and Climate Change
- Programme Development and Implementation
- ESG Services
- Environmental and Social Impact Assessment.
- We are seeking suitably qualified high performing professionals to join our Risk Advisory team as a Sustainability Manager / Senior Manager.
The successful candidate will perform the following roles as part of our Sustainability Practice team:
- Lead the delivery of Sustainability and ESG for the Sustainability Practice at Deloitte West Africa (Nigeria and Ghana)
- Drive the strategic advocacy agenda of the group, and projects of the Risk Advisory department as may be assigned.
- Responsible for developing and implementing go to market strategy for the Sustainability Practice. This involves opportunities identification, design and pursuit.
- Monitor and evaluate competitor activity and drive the implementation of coordinated response.
- Own and drive assigned engagement deliveries.
- Manage and deliver advisory projects including sustainability assessment and strategy, reporting, social return on investment, stakeholder engagement, programs, green building, assurance etc.
- Identify, recommend and lead improvement initiatives for clients based on gaps, opportunities, client requirements, global trends and sector benchmarking.
- Contribute to new product/service development and advancement of existing client tools and solutions.
- Manage and build the capacity within the sustainability team according to business requirement.
- Lead the eminence activities of the Practice and the growth of the brand.
- A Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of a Second Class Upper in Environmental Science / Engineering, Civil Engineering, Development Planning or in a relevant Environmental / Social Science discipline.
- A Master’s Degree in a relevant environmental and social science field is desirable.
- Have a minimum of credit in five WASSCE / GCE / NECO Ordinary Level subjects or acceptable equivalent examination, including Mathematics and English.
- Professional qualification from GRI, ISO, ISSP, IEMA or other relevant recognized professional bodies and institutions is an added advantage.
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years relevant experience in any of the Big 4 of a similar role. Candidate should be able demonstrate recent delivery of the required sustainability offerings.
- Have good knowledge of the World Bank safeguards policies and Nigeria/Ghana’s environmental laws.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills for report writing, client presentations, and project management.
- Applicant will be mainly based in Nigeria and will serve the Ghana Office when required.
What Impact Will You Make:
- Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration, and high performance.
- As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you will find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
How You Will Grow:
- At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day.
- From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to learn.
- We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world.
- From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University Leadership Centre. https://deloitte.zoomforth.com/du
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do a research to know some background about our firm and the business area you are applying to.