African Export Import Bank (Afreximbank) was established in Abuja, Nigeria in October, 1993 by African Governments, African private and institutional investors as well as non-African financial institutions and private investors for the purpose of financing, promoting and expanding intra-African and extra-African trade.
The Bank, headquartered in Cairo, the capital of the Arab Republic of Egypt, commenced operations on 30 September, 1994, following the signature of a Headquarters Agreement with the host Government in August, 1994. It has branch offices in Harare, Abuja and Abidjan and will open an East Africa branch office shortly.
CA Global Headhunters has been retained by the Afreximbank based in Cairo, Egypt to recruit for the position below:
Job Title: Manager, Treasury & Markets (Planning, Analytics, Performance Management & Reporting)
Reference Number: LEEBLR030
Location: Cairo, Egypt
- The nature and scope of the job is to support the Treasurer’s function. This role is, basically, a Managerial role responsible for treasury planning, analytics, performance management, reporting and treasury business activities;
- The role is within the Treasurer’s Office sub-function of the Treasury & Markets Department. The successful candidate will work very closely with the Group Treasurer on all treasury reporting matters both internally and externally;
- The role requires a flexible, thinking outside the box type of candidate who is ready to get his/her hands dirty and get things done. The Candidate must be a self-starter and a financial mathematics and modelling enthusiast with a finance and accounting background;
- The candidate will be expected to work closely and proactively with Senior Management, the Group Treasurer, managers at all levels as well as liaising with other department representatives to develop and establish accurate treasury reports. The candidate must demonstrate influence and credentials to effectively model the forward-looking balance sheet and other financial reports;
Treasury Strategy and Planning Process:
- Assist the Treasurer in periodically reviewing and updating the treasury management strategy so that it reflects treasury and markets evolving conditions and fits in the Bank’s wider strategic plan;
- Own the full treasury planning process and reporting. This is including ownership of the treasury planning model;
- Assist in monitoring of market yields, developing asset yield curves and treasury fund raising management strategies, forecasting & analysis of funding requirements of the Bank;
- Work with Treasury Front Office to analyse and plan strategic asset allocations, and fund-raising instrument allocations including sensitivities to market risk and propose risk mitigation actions where necessary in liaison with the treasury function view at large;
Treasury Financial Data Modelling and Analysis:
- Work with Finance and the wider Treasury function in modelling of the Balance Sheet to reflect a plausible forward-looking perspective for ALCO purposes;
- Modelling of the asset portfolio yield curve and provide a rolling forward-looking yield curve forecasts relative to potential portfolio asset additions;
- Modelling of interest rates for use in the bank’s planning process and interest rate risk management process of the Bank;
- Modelling of performance of deposits raised under the African Resource Mobilisation Initiative in order to determine their behavior characteristics and effects on the Bank’s overall weighted average cost of funding and the residual liquidity risk that they present to the Bank;
- Maintain and enhance the cash models and monitor cash on a daily basis;
- Contribute to building models and business processes in respect of new activities (e.g. securitisation) that require modelling;
- Helps design and implement pricing and analytical tools in a mathematically sound way. This includes the modelling of interest rates, foreign exchange, commodities, equities, credit, and inflation, either as standalone asset classes or as hybrids;
Treasury Activities Analysis and Reporting:
- Own the full treasury reporting suite both internally and externally.
- Conduct an assessment of the current status quo of the treasury reports and subsequent updates of the wider treasury reporting framework;
- With the help of the Treasurer, update the current treasury reporting framework and develop a new treasury reporting framework including the standardization of all key treasury reports;
- Be responsible for annually reviewing and reporting of post-ante performance of the treasury reporting activities;
- Conduct variance analysis of “plan” versus “actual” performance of all treasury activities and bank wide financial activities;
- Analytics, spreadsheet work, model building, reporting, presentations, and communications with third parties;
- Contribute to the production of the monthly ALCO pack, perform Working Group ALCO secretarial duties as required;
- Take ownership of liquidity reporting as required by senior management;
- Work with the Treasury Front Office team in developing tailored reports on liquidity, funding and other relevant reports requested by different stakeholders;
- Work with other Treasury Middle Office team members to oversee daily monitoring of ALM Risks within the treasury function including early warning indicators and processes supporting the effective management of interest rate risk in the banking book;
- Check and challenge risks reported by Treasury Middle Office as second line of defence;
Treasury Performance Management:
- Own the Treasury performance management process. This involves setting performance targets for the department and, regular monitoring and reporting on the actual outcome of the specified targets;
- Prepare a plan of action for the effective implementation of the performance targets and initiatives of the Treasury department;
- Conduct variance analysis to monitor the actual performance against the specified targets;
- Engage with various stakeholders of the performance management process to ensure that department targets are achieved with flying colours;
- Analyse the performance of the department and suggest appropriate recommendations for improvement of service delivery;
Treasury Business Improvement Processes:
- Design and document all treasury key processes and work with sub-teams to document all treasury processes and procedures;
- Ownership of all the Service Level Agreements with all key internal and external stakeholders;
- Ownership of the Treasury Processes and Procedures Manual and its relevant annual reviews and updates;
Treasury Research Analysis and Reporting:
- Conduct financial markets research analysis for treasury and bank wide consumption;
- Actively develop treasury research reports for management use and consideration in undertaking treasury activities;
- The successful candidate shall be a reporting and analytics subject matter experts and an escalation point, prior to the Treasurer, for all treasury related issues. He/She will work very closely with other subject matter experts in the Bank;
- Any other duties that may be assigned to the role holder by Senior Management from time to time.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- A First Degree in a relevant discipline i.e. Accounting, Financial Management, Economics, numerical or other related disciplines and a postgraduate degree in a relevant field. Recognised professional certification in a relevant field may be acceptable in lieu of a post graduate degree;
- Recognised Professional Qualification in Treasury [AMCT, CTP (US), ACT’s Cert. in International Treasury Management, ACT’s Cert. in Cash Management, ACT’s Cert. in Risk Management, ACT’s Cert. Financial Mathematics & Modelling etc] or Accounting (ACCA, CiMA, CPA or Equivalent) will be a strong added advantage but not a must;
- Excellent knowledge of accounting for treasury activities i.e. International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS);
- A minimum of 8 years of experience working in either in an accounting firm and responsible for financial institutions or corporate institution, preferably in the financial services industry;
- Solid grounding in financial systems database methodologies and financial modelling;
- Solid experience in working with Treasury Management Systems;
- Operational experience in a financial department with significant systems exposure;
- People and project management;
- Knowledge of treasury, debt capital markets, financial instruments, and structures;
- Advanced Excel skills and computer literacy (e.g. SQL, Crystal Reports);
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of the Bank’s other working languages is an added advantage (French, Arabic and Portuguese);
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including ability to organize and manage human resources from varied cultural backgrounds to attain goals.
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo.
- Suitably qualified candidates from all African nationalities are encouraged to apply.
Application Closing Date
9th July, 2021.
- CA Global will respond to shortlisted candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.