ABNL Limited was incorporated in 1992, as an Oil and Gas servicing company, with a vision to provide professional engineering and technical services to the Oil and Gas exploration and production companies in Nigeria and the West African sub-region. Since its incorporation the company has grown in leaps and bound, expanding its business horizon but still within the Oil and Gas sector.
ABNL is a 100% owned indigenous firm, with a shareholding in excess of 100 million Naira. Its’ directors are individuals of proven integrity, who over the years have acquired the requisite experience in the Oil and Gas business, as well as in the banking and finance sector. The integrity of the directors and the staff of the company have been a priceless contributive factor in the growth and wellbeing of the company.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Marine Engineer II
Employment Type: Contract
- Evaluate and comment on discipline engineering work performed both internally and by Contractors and sub-contractors to ensure that work is being executed in accordance with Company specifications, company standards, and regulatory requirements.
- Facilitates effective execution of discipline engineering and design routines that align with the team’s goals, objectives, and procedures.
- Assures accurate and timely communication among the team and other company Functions on discipline engineering activities, progress, and issues. In addition to technical ability, they should demonstrate sound communication, facilitation, and interpersonal skills.
Tasks and Responsibilities
In addition to all Level 1 tasks and responsibilities, a Level 2:
- Design and oversee testing, installation, and repair of marine apparatus and equipment.
- Conduct analytical, environmental, operational, or performance studies in order to develop designs for products, such as marine engines, equipment, and structures.
- Prepare, or direct the preparation of, product or system layouts and detailed drawings and schematics.
- Evaluate operation of marine equipment during acceptance testing and shakedown cruises.
- Analyze data in order to determine feasibility of product proposals.
- Confer with research personnel in order to clarify or resolve problems, and to develop or modify designs.
- Investigate and observe tests on machinery and equipment for compliance with standards.
- Conduct environmental, operational, or performance tests on marine machinery and equipment.
- Determine conditions under which tests are to be conducted, as well as sequences and phases of test operations.
- Maintain and coordinate repair of marine machinery and equipment for installation on vessels.
- Inspect marine equipment and machinery in order to draw up work requests and job specifications.
- Review work requests, and compare them with previous work completed on ships in order to ensure that costs are economically sound.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marine or Civil Engineering or related Engineering specialty, or equivalent professional experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience.
- Strong knowledge of discipline design standards, specifications, codes, and appropriate safety criteria
- Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs
- Read, write, and speak fluent English, especially as it applies to technical and business communications.
Application Closing Date
7th September, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV / Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.