Visa operates the world’s largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities.
We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, charge, debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa’s card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants and government entities with a secure, convenient and reliable way to pay and be paid in over 200 countries and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Marketing & Digital Director
Employment Type: Full-time
- Driving Visa’s marketing leadership through the use and evolution of its assets, developing best in class frameworks and managing internal external/relationships, all key elements that contribute to making Visa one of the world’s leading brands.
- The Director is an experienced media strategist, storyteller and channel manager with the ability to translate communications programs to work in the digital world and beyond, combined with the ability to create a metrics driven, strategic approach that will help us define success.
- The Director works cross functionally to deliver integrated communications programs that create targeted, impactful, and measurable results.
- Visa Marketing inspires and drives best-in-class engagement with end users to build brand preference, drive the business, deepen client relationships and prepare the marketing organization for the future.
Principle Responsibilities / Key Results Areas
- Lead and oversee Visa SSA media strategy development, campaign media plan execution, digital partnership and engagement, social strategy and execution. Deliver digital and media best practice to create a Go Beyond new media and digital culture to produce fully integrated regional media campaigns .
- Manage our key partnerships with our media buying agency, from strategy, channel planning, digital and data to push our digital evolution upstream and leverage the relationship with key global partners
- Work with stakeholders, market leads and agencies to produce fully integrated, Pan African Marketing campaigns (creative and media) across all channels
- Strong communication skills to lead agency partners, media publishers and network partners (both ATL and Digital) to develop effective media plans and breakthrough programs
- Work with digital and social agencies and partners to drive breakthrough innovative engagement and always on social strategy
- Develop a Social Media & Mobile strategies for Visa SSA building on best practice learnings, Global strategy and country specific objectives
- Develop and deploy a 1st party data strategy being ultimately a guardian of data privacy guidelines
- Lead Digital Governance, process, and implementation across all Visa Paid and Owned assets
- Partner with the agencies and Hub teams to elevate process in tagging, segmentation, DCO, contextual, reporting, tracking and measurement
- Oversight and leadership of client marketing media operations & executions focusing on growth, subject matter expertise and best practice
- Promote key web and digital platforms including owned, earned and paid digital & social platforms including accelerating the importance of social as a core marketing muscle to move the business metrics. This includes providing support on content development, platform evolution, systems & delivery and optimization
- Build thought leadership content and innovation narratives that portrait a POV in different areas of the industry.
- Media and digital marketing thought leadership for issuer, merchant and partners, contributing to, and learning from CEMEA Hub & Global team
- Develop compelling content programs across owned channels, including social, email and web and manage publication process within the SSA marketing team and from PR/Comms team
- Incubate and manage all media partnerships working closely with CEMEA Hub digital engagement & media partnership leads to ensure that the platforms and partnerships that are leveraged are aligned with the business and client needs
- Conduct insightful analysis using internal and external data to derive insights that will drive business decisions
- Oversee and support in the development and execution of Visa’s CRM and data strategy to be used for effective communication
- Ensure consistency in data-driven decision making and strategy formulation for campaigns and programs
- Oversee briefs for new web pages/websites/microsites/projects/campaign and advise on the most cost effective, efficient options
- Lead development of best practice training, guidelines and cases for both internal (Visa Marketing) & external (Clients & Marketing Partners) constituents
- Collaborates with internal Product/IT and external agency functions on the development and implementation of marketing tools
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent with 12+ years of relevant marketing experience.
- Strong collaborator who can demonstrate success in delivering and navigating complex projects in a matrixed, distributed global organization
- Ability to operate in a hyper-growth environment
- Strategic mind-set, with exceptional clarity of thought combined with a hands-on, detailed oriented approach when needed
- Experience with all aspects of online and offline media trends, channels and practices and expert in deploying campaigns in partnership with large advertising platforms
- Digital marketing industry, agencies and channels experience
- Experience in developing and managing channel strategy and budgets
- Experience in leveraging 1st party audiences and Data management platforms to deploy data driven marketing campaigns
- Outstanding verbal and written communications with ability to communicate with a diverse audience, including C-level executives, clients, and business, product, technology, and finance stakeholders.
- Proficiency in developing and deploying CRM initiatives
- Proven experience managing stakeholders across diverse geographies and processes to deliver efficient output and results.
- Excellent business English skills, written and spoken
- This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office.
- Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
- Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.