Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE), is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Materials Management Specialist
Job ID: R70365
Locations: Onne, Rivers
- Are you passionate about materials planning and process management?
- Do you like to manage site operations, or warehouse logistics & shipping? Join our Fulfillment Operations Team
- Our Oilfield Equipment business provides intelligent, connected technologies to control our energy extraction assets.
- Our Fulfilment Operations Team supports to provide customers with the peace of mind needed to reliably and efficiently improve their operations. Partner with the best
- The Materials Management Specialist plays a pivotal role in developing, coordinating, planning and inventory structure to develop and maintain integrated plans for all activities and projects within the Services Operations, Inventory and Warehouse Management.
As a Materials Management Specialist, you will be responsible for:
- Planning material and inventory metrics across a service segment. Monitor the results of changes to the inventory plan/forecast and recommend modifications
- Planning for prevention of excess inventory and “stock outs”
- Working with all levels of personnel in resolving issues, tracking material availability, and advising on material usage
- Working with customers externally and internally to identify new opportunities to improve our current processes
- Leading Inquiry to Order (ITO) processes through Order to Remittance (OTR). Deliver business sales, contribution margin, develop proposals; negotiate with customers; drive competitive pricing.
- Handling simple project processes. There are detailed guidelines for production and/or simple human interfaces requiring little technical knowledge. A framework of conditions is set.
- Handling targeted clients. Contracts are predefined and a framework of conditions is set and followed.
Fuel Your Passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college
- Have at least 4 years’ of experience in Services
- Have at least 2 years’ experience within Logistics or Materials Management
- Have Knowledge of key order to remittance (OTR) processes
- Be able to demonstrate good oral and written communication skills.
- Be a team player with excellent interpersonal, negotiation and leadership skills.
- Able to demonstrate the ability to analyze and resolve problems
Work in a way that works for you:
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working flexible hours – flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.