Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited) is a leading telecommunications services provider in Nigeria headquartered in Lagos, the commercial nerve-centre of Nigeria. The telco ranks amongst the top four mobile service providers in terms of subscribers with a customer base of more than 39.8 million. The company’s product offerings include 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce and enterprise services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: MBPN Operations Engineer
- Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- This function is expected to act as the representative for technical and functional requirements in the area in the area of MPBN, MPLS, Enterprise MPLS, IPRAN and IP Core together referred as IP Services solutions to support both Mobile and Enterprise services.
- The role will define the optimal topology of the IP Services to meet a premium service level agreements and industry architecture for IP Network; This role provides Level-1 support to the function with hands-on knowledge and experience on the nodes and ensures FTR configurations.
Other requirement of the role include:
- Detailed working of IP/MPLS
- Juniper / Cisco / Huawei NE certified engineer is a must
- Analytical and Presentation skills
- Detailed understanding of call flows of Telecom w.r.t. IP routing
- Bachelor / Master’s of Telecommunication/Electronic Engineering degree / Computer Science / IT
- A basic understanding of 3GPP / ITU-T and ETSI standards is required
- Minimum of 2-5years hands-on working experience in large Mobile Network Operator with the IP Nodes.
- Multivendor experience – Including experience with Transmission, Core & Data networks
- Good understanding of the commercial deployment of IP/MPLS which could includes hands-on operations, test and/or deployment. Understanding of the evolution of 2G / 3G / 4G networks moving convergence with IP
- Detailed understanding of IP technology
- Tracing and analysis acumen and experience on end to end E2E service flow.
- Experience of deployment of key network systems through the delivery life cycle from initial design to full operational handover
- Experience in measuring and analyzing network KPI ‘key performance indicators’
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Closing Date