Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries. We save children’s lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfil their potential. Save the Children is working in Nigeria because one in five children in Nigeria dies before their fifth birthday. About 40% of children miss out on school and have to work to survive while nearly 2 million children have lost one or both parents to an AIDS-related disease.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: MEAL Coordinator
Job ID: 2100060I
Location: Ogoja, Cross River
Post Type: National
Team: Nigeria Country Office
Employee Status: Fixed Term
- Level 3 – The responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with children or young people and, in the overseas context all posts are considered to be level 3 posts in view of potential situations which may allow staff unsupervised access to vulnerable children and young people.
- The MEAL coordinator will lead in the development and implementation of MEAL plans of all projects implemented from the Ojoga Office.
- S/he will lead in the generation of evidence, maintaining accountability standards and ensuring effective monitoring, evaluation and learning of the projects across all sectors.
- S/he will coordinate the collection, compilation, consolidation and analysis of data to track programs/ projects activities, monitor progress and support impact measurement.
- S/he is responsible for establishing and ensuring better data management systems for the core program.
- He/she provides technical support and training to the field staff.
Scope of Role:
- Reports to: Head of MEAL
- Staff reporting to this post: MEAL Officers
Key Areas of Accountability:
- Lead in the development and implementation of an M&E Plan for the projects and provide MEAL related support to the Ogoja office.
- In consultation with relevant sector leads, design and develop program database, IPTT and regularly update database for the sector.
- Support lessons learned, best practices, program data, evaluations, and other information to generate donor communication pieces, proposal annexes, success stories, case studies, and other high-quality, results-based documentation.
- Lead to the revision of monitoring and evaluation tools and train program team on design and proper use of it.
- Organize learning events and document lesson learns
- Conduct regular field visits to track progress against indicators and put in place systems for routine data quality checks and validations
- Provide project related figures and conduct regular data verification exercises to ensure reporting and collection of quality data; Verify entered data for completeness, correctness, and consistency and follow up on any data quality issues.
- Support programming staff to incorporate participatory methods into community level M&E systems and tools.
- Establish and maintain project level information management system.
- Actively participate in M&E meetings with key stakeholders. Participate in studies, evaluations and surveys.
- Conduct Post Distribution Monitoring, Child Participatory Activities for the projects
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
Behaviours (Values in Practice)
- Accuracy and timeliness in all areas of responsibility
- High level of accuracy in work, and ability to analyse complex sets of relationships and situations
- Holds self and others accountable
- Creating best-in-class EA function
- Future-orientated, thinks pro-actively
- Working effectively with stakeholders to achieve common goals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Designing more effective admin and data management systems
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 4 years experience in M&E positions and/or program experience in field data collection in emergencies especially in the area of education, child protection & WASH
- Detailed knowledge of M&E frameworks and M&E Plans, systems and indicator reference sheets
- Experience maintaining programmatic databases
- Good understanding of routine data quality checks/validation
- Experience in survey and qualitative interviewing, including supervising field data collection teams and writing research case studies
- Advance knowledge Microsoft Office Suite, especially MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, SPSS/STATA
- Training and facilitation skills,
- Ability to contribute to Awards reporting from a MEAL perspective in a timely and accurate manner
- Experience of working in a post-conflict environment/refugee/IDP situation
- Ability to work as part of a team, Flexibility, adaptability, and patience
- Ability to work under pressure often to strict deadlines
- Ability to assess problems and recommend solutions.
Application Closing Date
2nd September, 2021.