Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
The French Section of Médecins Sans Frontières is currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Activity Manager
>>>CLICK HERE to Join JOBS IN NIGERIA & OVERSEAS Telegram Channel
- Ensure the proper functioning of the MSF medical activities, while implementing relevant MSF policies, protocols and procedures, and guaranteeing high quality of healthcare to improve health conditions for the beneficiaries.
- Supporting Jahun hospital and other medical activities and ensuring MSF protocols are adhered to, and analysing medical data pertaining to patients’ health conditions.
- Implementing a strong case management process and follow up system for the medical and nursing team, and leading case reviews
- Ensure a strong system of regular case reclassification between different wards leading to patient discharges based on constant monitoring of patient health improvement
- Ensuring efficient medication / drug management in the hospital and rationalising their use.
- In coordination with the project biomedical service, supervising the appropriate use of medical devices and anticipating future needs.
- Preparing the medical orders needed to implement the medical activities under his/her responsibility
- Coordinating and monitoring the daily working plan of the medical doctor team (rosters and leaves).
- Participating in shifts and replacing a doctor, if necessary
- Participating in the monthly medical statistical reporting and analysis according to guidelines (i.e. SitReps, medical statistical reports, etc.).
- Auditing administrative procedures related to patients’ follow-up (individual cards, registers, exits, discharges, transfers) are carried out correctly and according to MSF procedures.
- Participating in the annual planning and budget discussions.
- Supervising and ensuring that medical activities objectives under his/her responsibility are achieved, reporting to the technical referent any problem arising in the service
- Validate/approve and follow up referral of patients in need (as per the mission guidance and patient’s medical condition needs) and communicated with the NAM for organizing the referral.
- Liaise with the outreach team to be aware if any health issues are noticed in a specific community, to perform HP/education, and trace the critically ill patients or those who are at risk.
Educational Requirements & Experience
- Medical Doctor Degree essential; Tropical Medicine Degree desirable
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Medical Doctor and at least 1 year of management experience
- Desirable: working experience in MSF or other NGO’s.
- Desirable: experience in OBGYN, paediatrics, A&E, general medicine
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel, internet)
- Written and spoken English, Hausa desirable.
- Monthly Gross salary ofN681,039(Six hundred and Eigthy One thousand, Thirty Nine) Naira per month,plus 13th month allowance equivalent to 1 month of gross salary (pro-rated to the 13th month allowance).
Application Closing Date
31st August, 2021 (5pm).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only successful applicants will be called for the next steps and are obligated to disclose any information about family member(s) currently in the employ of MSF-France in any location.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the MSF recruitment process.
- MSF reserves the right to refuse to hire a candidate having benefitted from any such acts. All illicit demands may be pursued through the judicial system.
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages any Nigerian citizen to apply irrespective of race, gender, religion, creed, political affiliation.