Roche is a global pioneer in pharmaceuticals and diagnostics focused on advancing science to improve people’s lives. The combined strengths of pharmaceuticals and diagnostics under one roof have made Roche the leader in personalised healthcare – a strategy that aims to fit the right treatment to each patient in the best way possible. Roche is the world’s largest biotech company, with truly differentiated medicines in oncology, immunology, infectious diseases, ophthalmology and diseases of the central nervous system. Roche is also the world leader in in vitro diagnostics and tissue-based cancer diagnostics, and a frontrunner in diabetes management.
Founded in 1896, Roche continues to search for better ways to prevent, diagnose and treat diseases and make a sustainable contribution to society. The company also aims to improve patient access to medical innovations by working with all relevant stakeholders. Thirty medicines developed by Roche are included in the World Health Organization Model Lists of Essential Medicines, among them life-saving antibiotics, antimalarials and cancer medicines. Roche has been recognised as the Group Leader in sustainability within the Pharmaceuticals, Biotechnology & Life Sciences Industry ten years in a row by the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices (DJSI).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Manager
Job ID: 202211-141962
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Category: Medical Affairs
- The Medical/Scientific Manager is a strategic partner of the Affiliate business, a Scientific/Medical expert and citizen of the Medical Affairs Network. Disease areas(DA) in focus – Haemato – Oncology, Neurosciences
Strategic partner within integrated ecosystem strategy:
- Integrates insights and data from the healthcare ecosystem, and connects them with Roche strategic imperatives to bring innovation to our patients, by being an active partner in the definition and implementation of strategic roadmaps particularly at the Affiliate level.
- Maintains and provides internally and externally adequate scientific and clinical expertise in assigned disease area(DA) and the patient journey, including pipeline products, diagnostics and digital healthcare solutions as applicable.
- As a member of the Medical Affairs Network for Evidence Generation (MANEGe), has a key role in the process of evidence generation (EG), particularly identifying and communicating potential evidence gaps and EG needs, and prioritization within the DA team, to support data generation plans.
License to Operate:
- Ensures the highest ethical, scientific and quality standards, patients’ safety and safeguarding Roche’s reputation.
Working in networks:
- Lead the connection and leveraging of Roche resources from across the Global Organization to fully harness our potential to improve patient outcomes
Capabilities, Mindsets & Behaviours
- Leadership skills – Visionary, Architect,Catalyst, Coach:
- Enabler mindset
- Growth mindset
- Value Creation mindset
- Able to focus and prioritize in uncertain and changing environments, operational efficiency in managing multiple projects
Expanded Responsibilities / Roles
- Market Research and Patient Support Programmes Lead (“MAP Lead” Role)
- Affiliate Publication Responsible (APR) and Medical writing specialist
- Medical Information (MI) Accountable
- Local responsible for medical clearing process
- Local Pre-Approval Access program Coordinator
- Network Navigator Hat
- You hold an MBBS Degree or equivalent, Post graduate degree will be an advantage
- Clinical expertise in DA is appreciated.
- Experience within a Medical Affairs role in Pharmaceutical, Diagnostics, Health Sciences or Biotechnology is preferred, as well as prior experience in the disease area.
Skills and knowledge:
- Good understanding of the healthcare system environment, including health care policy, the reimbursement environment and health technology assessment environment.
- Robust understanding of pharmaceutical drug development, medical affairs strategies and tactics including clinical research and main industry medical compliance processes.
- Dedicated DA and product, competition knowledge. Understanding of fast paced, highly competitive market dynamics
- Strong data comprehension, critical appraisal, synthesis interpretation and delivery of data/information skills
- Evidence generation and GxP knowledge.
- Scientific and Publication management.
- Good understanding and interest of state of the art and trends of digital health.
- Strategic planning skills.
- Strong communications skills.
- Language: Fluent in oral and written English
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Roche is an Equal Opportunity Employer.