The International Organization for Migration (IOM) – Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: MHPSS Project Assistant (PSS)
SVN No.: SVN2022.105
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Organizational Unit: Demobilization, Disassociation, Reintegration and Reconciliation (DDRR)
IOM Classification: G4
Type of Appointment: Special Short Term (SST) 6 Months
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Working under the overall supervision of the DDRR Snr Project Coordinator and under the direct supervision of the ICRS Programme Officer, the successful candidate in coordination with other members of the ICRS team across Bay state will be responsible for providing quality psychosocial support to the beneficiaries of the ICRS project to improve their overall mental health as part of the IOM DDRR Programme in Nigeria.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Organize regular individual and group recreational, educational, and sensitization activities for target beneficiaries.
- Provide psychosocial first aid to the target population including both ICRS and community vulnerable members (CSIs) and coordinate referral of cases that require specialized institutions support.
- Provide individual counselling sessions tailored to the needs of the target population along with follow up sessions when deemed necessary.
- Conduct ICRS profiling interviews and ensure accurate data entry and carry out regularly update of MHPSS assessments with ICRS beneficiaries when required.
- Support the review of PSS tools and coordinate PSS surveys including perception survey, risk assessment, post rehabilitation PSS survey and Satisfaction survey.
- Support the implementation of collective psychological counselling sessions, cultural activities as well as bereavement support.
- Support in the compilation of monthly PSS activity plan, present to ICRS Programme Officer and participate in regular weekly and monthly internal meetings.
- Undertake duty travel relating to project activities, monitoring, and assessments.
- Perform other related duties assigned by the ICRS Programme Officer.
- University Degree from an accredited institution in Psychology, Social Science or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years related working experience in psychology, social work, community mobilization, health.
- Good knowledge of project development, administration and evaluation concepts and procedures.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Works effectively with local authorities, stakeholders, beneficiaries, and the broader community to advance country office or regional objectives.
- Effectively applies knowledge of DDRR issues within organizational context.
- Delivers on set objectives in strict deadlines,
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Publisher and SharePoint
- Willing to accept a flexible work schedule.
- Attentive to details and accuracy in handling and reporting data
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of the local language.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
Core Competencies – Behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge, and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- This is a national position and only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment.
Application Closing Date
1st September, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: HRNIGERIA@iom.int indicating ” SVN2022.105 MHPSS Project Assistant(PSS) G4, Maiduguri ” in the subject line.
Click here to apply online
Important Information and Notice
- In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM) and with a subject line SVN2022.105 MHPSS Project Assistant(PSS) G4, Maiduguri
- All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers, and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
- Please note that this position is open only to Nigerian National applicants and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- No Fees: IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training, or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.