Interswitch is an Africa-focused integrated digital payments and commerce company that facilitates the electronic circulation of money as well as the exchange of value between individuals and organisations on a timely and consistent basis. We started operations in 2002 as a transaction switching and electronic payments processing, and have progressively evolved into an integrated payment services company, building and managing payment infrastructure as well as delivering innovative payment products and transactional services throughout the African continent. At Interswitch, we offer unique career opportunities for individuals capable of playing key roles and adding value in an innovative and fun environment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Mobile Software Engineer
Job type: Permanent
Department: Purepay – Transaction Switching & Payment Processing
- Responsible for executing software development and programming activities in alignment with project plans and strategies.
- Develop user interface components with React js tech stack, including Material UI, Redux etc while ensuring that these components and the overall application are robust and easy to use. Secure full functionality of key features of code and prepare software reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation, and maintenance of the software.
- Contribute to development of existing and new applications by analysing and identifying areas for modification and improvement
- Design and build mobile automation tooling to support engineering teams across the enterprise
- Contribute to development of new applications to meet customer requirements
- Follow software development project plan and execute programming and coding activities within budgetary margins and timeline
- Engineer efficient and reusable front-end systems that drive complex mobile applications
- Leverage programming tools that facilitate software development and coding
- Keep up to date with the latest iOS and Android platform capabilities
- Carry out end-to-end software development and maintain code sanitisation through regular debugging of the programme
- Introduce automation into software development processes, conduct automation testing and audits, and release automation practices
- Monitor, identify, and correct straightforward software defects to maintain fully functioning applications software
- Work Cross functionally with design, product and engineering to deliver great user experience
- Perform software management, change management, diagnostics, enhancement, optimisation, and system support functions (technical and user support) by diagnosing system problems and offering quick turnaround solutions
- Collaborate with team of fellow software developers to align on software development progress and integration and implement mitigation measures if need be
- Maintain road map to facilitate application software development and ensure the development work is prioritised in line with business requirements
- Create and ensure compliance with a companywide document management system
- Design various systems documentation (logical design specifications) to be used in implementing the systems, including architecture, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments, etc
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 6 years’ experience in IT
- 5 years of software development experience shipping features to consumers using React or React Native
- 5 years’ experience with RESTful APIs
- Mobile: (Andriod)
- Frameworks: (Laravel, Ionic, Angular1, Net)
- Databases: (MYSQL, MSSQL)
- Tools: (Cordova, Git, Maven, Gulp, Gradle).
Application Closing Date
31st August, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online