FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Director, OtL – Nigeria
Requisition – 2021200897
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job Type: Full time
- FHI 360 is a global development organization, with a rigorous, evidence-based approach to human development. Our team of professionals includes experts in health, nutrition, education, economic development, civil society, environment and research.
- FHI 360 operates from over 60 offices with more than 4000employees in the United States and around the world.
- Our commitment to partnerships at all levels and our multi-disciplinary approach allows us to have a lasting impact on the people, communities and countries we serve by improving the lives of millions.
- We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position ofMonitoring, Evaluation and Learning Director for an upcoming USAID-funded opportunity in Northeast Nigeria entitled the Opportunities to Learn: OTL. This position will be based in Northeast Nigeria and is contingent upon award.
- The anticipated Northeast Nigeria OTL will improve foundational reading, writing, math, and social and emotional skills acquisition for children and youth, as well as increase retention and transition rates from primary to lower secondary in rural Northeast Nigeria.
- The program will also focus on supporting children and youth caught up in the cycle of communitarian violence in Northeast Nigeria, and provide them with alternatives to violence as well as support to recover from trauma and loss.
- Additionally, the anticipated five-year activity will support youth transition to the market place; strengthen school management systems; and increase engagement with communities and families to support foundational skills practice outside of school as well as enrollment, attendance, and transitions in school.
- OTL will emphasize the inclusion of marginalized groups such as children and youth, girls, and learners with disabilities.
- The MEL Director is responsible for establishing and managing the project’s overall M&E system, tracking all progress made towards meeting program/contract results, indicators, and targets, including impacts on access, retention, reading outcomes, community engagement, gender disparity, and disability-inclusive measures, and youth readiness for the market place ensuring that they are being consistently and systematically tracked and reported.
- He/she collaborates with and oversees sub-grantees to provide feedback on data collection and indicators; analyzes data reported from sub-grantees; and supports training of M&E personnel in quality assurance methods.
- He/she collaborates with the program team to design operations research to support learning, evaluation, and planning, and oversees the implementation, analysis, dissemination, and use of research products.
- He/she shares MEL data and improvement plans and collaborates with staff and stakeholders on strategies for program improvements for greater program effects.
Job Summary / Responsibilities
- Designs and oversees the monitoring, evaluation, and learning activities of the project
- Leads the design, development, planning, and implementation of the MEL plan and project evaluation activities, including the development and dissemination of tools, materials, reports, papers, and intervention-linked research
- Develops strategies and tools for the design and implementation of monitoring of specific technical components
- Works closely with the technical team leads to co-design monitoring tools, select indicators, and determine field monitoring responsibilities
- Ensures tool compatibility and coordination within the M&E framework, and consistency with national and donor requirements
- Responsible for providing technical assistance, and developing and setting up systems for the timely collection, management, analysis, and reporting of valid and reliable data that meet donor reporting requirements
- Focuses on strengthening the M&E system, building capacity of partners and staff, and improving alignment and support to host-country M&E systems
- Supports the project’s Collaborating, Learning, Adapting (CLA) framework
- Undertakes periodic reviews of program and/or country M&E systems, and participates in planning M&E system strengthening actions
- Provides guidance on information systems for quality assurance, as well as best practices documentation and reporting
- Oversees the publication and dissemination of information on successful and promising approaches, lessons learned, and other program results to ministry counterparts, donors, program partners, and other key stakeholders
- Master’s Degree in Evaluation, Demography, Social Science, Economics, or other relevant discipline.
- At least eight years of experience related to monitoring, evaluating, and reporting on education or social-sector programs required; experience in early grade reading research or assessment preferred.
- Experience in design and implementation of M&E systems for USG-funded projects.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills and ability to articulate technical information clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrated expertise in rigorous quantitative and qualitative research and analytical methods.
- Excellent report writing, analytical, and communication skills, including oral presentation skills.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with program staff and partners.
- Proficiency with relevant software (Stata, SAS, SPSS, Epi Info, Atlas).
- Proven supervisory experience.
- Experience in the education sector in Northeast Nigeria or the region strongly preferred.
- Fluency in written and spoken English required.
Application Closing Date
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online