Helen Keller International (HKI) – Established in 1915, is an international non-governmental organization (NGO) dedicated to saving the sight and lives of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged. Headquartered in New York City, HKI currently conducts programs in 21 countries in Africa and Asia, as well as in the United States.
HKI implements integrated package of cost-effective interventions that are proven to improve maternal and child nutrition. HKI supports policies and programs on food fortification, vitamin A supplementation, infant and young child feeding, nutrition-sensitive agriculture, community-based management of acute malnutrition and prevention and treatment of neglected tropical diseases. At the core of HKI’s programs is advocacy and social behavior change communication to various stakeholders. HKI also undertakes cutting-edge research to influence policy decisions and inform program quality.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation (M & E) Intern
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Internship
Key Position Responsibilities
- The Monitoring and Evaluation Intern will support the development and evolution of the organizational performance management framework as well as specific program M&E needs to ensure the quality and effectiveness of program implementation of USAID Advancing Nutrition programs and will be domiciled in Abuja.
- H/She will get oversight from the MEL Advisor.
Key responsibilities and level of effort include:
- The intern will aid the program staff in developing performance monitoring plans and result frameworks during program design and implementation, creating an M&E system, processes, and tools, and contributing to measuring, analyzing, and reporting results.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support staff members in setting up systems for program M&E;
- Assist with the design and development of forms and questionnaires for data collection and analysis;
- Assist with data collection and analysis;
- Assist with research and writing or editing;
- Assist with data management and cleaning, and quality control;
- Support the team through various administrative duties.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
- Have a relevant College Degree
- Have excellent writing and analytical skills
- Have a high level of computer literacy
- Have advanced quantitative skills, including knowledge of statistical programs
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail required
- Ability to manage diverse activities and to meet deadlines required; flexibility to changing situations and priorities desired.
- Demonstrate an understanding of international development issues
- Demonstrate initiative and ability to work independently and as a member of a team to coordinate and/or lead the efforts to effectively meet M&E needs.
Application Closing Date
15th November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Resume to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.