Malaria Consortium is one of the world’s leading non-profit organisations specialising in the comprehensive prevention, control and treatment of malaria and other communicable diseases among vulnerable and under privileged populations. We increasingly find our work on malaria can be effectively integrated with other similar public health interventions for greater impact and therefore expanded our remit to include child health and neglected tropical disease interventions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: National Consultant (Programme Management)
Employment Type: Full-time
Duration: 18 days
Consultant Profile: National Consultant(1)
Specific Tasks: Programme Management Training
- Receive briefing from MC Technical team upon resumption of consultancy.
- Review relevant documents related to CHIPS Programme management and implementation.
- Contribute to the development of the training plan and contextualized training module to submit to the MC Technical Team for review.
- CHIPS Programme Implementation Unit (PIU) is a sub-unit of the Department of Community Health Services (CHS) within the SPHCDA. It is led by the CHIPS Coordinator, principal officials responsible for coordinating other programme components
- In collaboration with the Lead TA, actively contribute technical support to the conduct of the assessment (field work, findings, report ) on the leadership and capacity strengthening for sustainable CHIPS programme
- In collaboration with the Lead TA, actively contribute to development /adaptation of programme management tools.
- Provide technical support to the conduct of training development materials, facilitate sessions, evaluation etc) on Programme Management to
- Support the administration of evaluation tools ( pre-test and post-tests etc) and share analysis of results
- Contribute to the development of Programme Management mentoring plan with MC
- Certified Master Trainer in Programme Management for Development Professionals (or its equivalent).
- At least 5 years post graduate degree experience in Project/Programme Management in the Health or other development sector, with at least 3 years as a trainer.
- Demonstrable skill in facilitating adult learning sessions.
- Proficiency in use of Computer software including MS Office-Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience in evaluation of training programmes
- In consultation with the Lead Consultant, plan, and the conduct bi-annual Programme Management visit to SPHCDA and SMOH and share findings and recommendation for the visit
- Prepare report of the on the key aspects of the TA support as agreed with Lead TA.
- Programme Management Training: Snr National Consultant and National Consultant
- Proposed Training plan and contextualized training modules, submitted.
- Training need assessment conducted and finding shared
- Analysis of Pre-test and post-test results of all participants
- Appropriate certificates awarded to participants who successfully complete the course.
- Training report with appropriate recommendations for follow-up and consolidation of knowledge.
- Programme Management mentoring plan shared with MC Technical Team
- Conduct bi-annual Programme Management visit conducted to SPHCDA and SMOH, and findings and recommendation shared
- On the last day of assignment, one-page (bullet point) summary of findings and recommendations provided to and discussed with the Staff Technical Lead.
- Within 5 days after the assignment completion, provide a draft report to the Staff Technical Lead for this specific assignment using the standard format provided.
- Within 5 days after receipt of comments on the draft report, produce a final draft report to the Staff Technical Lead.
Application Closing Date
15th June, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae to: [email protected] using the job title as the subject of the mail.
- Kindly note that applicants who do not follow this specification, will be disqualified.
- Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Malaria Consortium does not accept or ask for payment during recruitment. We also would not accept hardcopy CVs; all applications should be sent through the above email address.