Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with governments, businesses, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing challenges. With a team of more than 3,000 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of over 35,000 experts, we help improve economies, societies and, most importantly, people’s lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: National COVID-19 Strategic Information Consultant
Requisition ID: req12032
- In April 2019, the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) awarded the implementation of the Translating Data for Implementation (Data.FI) cooperative agreement to a consortium led by Palladium. Data.FI is a $180 million, 5-year project which serves as USAID’s primary mechanism for data, technology, and health information systems to support HIV activities across strategic President’s Emergency Program for AIDSRelief (PEPFAR) countries as part of a suite of large-scale global HIV programs representing the next generation of HIV/AIDS programs.
- The project plays a key role in USAID’s goals of helping partner countries on their journey to self-reliance and transitioning local organizations to prime recipients of US Government funding.
- The project’s overall goal is to improve in-depth global, regional, and national analyses of HIV epidemiologic and program data that can be directly applied to expedite the achievement of PEPFAR targets to attain and sustain control of the HIV epidemic. With the advent of the COVID-19 pandemic, Data.FI received funding from USAID alongside other implementing partners to support the COVID-19 response in 8 states – Adamawa, Akwa Ibom, Bauchi, Cross River, Edo, Kano, Niger, and Oyo. From May 1st to November 30th , 2020, Data.FI supported the states’ responses, offering services across COVID decision support including data visualizations and heat mapping, situation room technical assistance to maximize the use of real-time data, enhancement of surveillance systems to address existing gaps with configuration of preferred surveillance tools, and modeling of epidemic to help governments understand how resources can shift in response to the evolving crisis.
- Working in collaboration with the respective State Ministries of Health (SMOHs), the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC), and the multi- and bilateral donor organizations supporting each of these SMOHs, Data.FI helped set up and/or strengthen COVID-19 emergency operations centers (EOCs) in each state, developed the capacity of the states COVID-19 Task Teams.
- The second phase of support to these states, expected to commence in October 2021, is aimed at building on the achievements of the first phase of support provided with USAID funding in COVID-19 vaccination program decision support and additional capacity building of EOCs with enhancement of surveillance systems to address identified gaps.
Purpose of Position
- In support of the supported State Governments’ responses to the COVID-19 pandemic, Data.FI is currently seeking to employ the services of a Consultant National COVID-19 Strategic Information Specialist who will work lead in supporting the enhancement of state-level EOCs for the COVID-19 response in Adamawa, Akwa Ibom, Bauchi, Cross River, Edo, Kano, Niger and Oyo States.
- (S)he will ensure that data use strategy is effectively implemented across the states and robust information products are produced for informed decision making.
- The consultant will implement a field-based strategy to create regular forums for sharing achievements and challenges with stakeholders, generate analysis at state level for COVID-19 output and outcome indicators, by promoting peer-exchange and problem solving.
- The Consultant SI Specialist will report to the Senior Regional Data analytics and Use Advisor.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as technical backstop for supported State teams on data quality, data alignment exercises and health informatics
- Provide technical support to COVID-19 response reporting systems i.e., SORMAS and paper-based systems
- Standardize the design of periodic (daily/weekly) data reviews for rapid action methodology for implementation at state level and across hierarchies
- Provide technical Support to States’ EOCs to develop analyses, profiles, briefs and program bulletins on COVID 19 response in the states
- Work with other stakeholders to strengthen the data analytics and visualization capabilities of the SORMAS COVID-19 reporting system, DHIS2, EOCs, and other platforms
- Develop National weekly COVID-19 bulletins with dissemination to USAID and stakeholders
- Work with the epidemiologists, data analytics and visualization specialists to develop and package State information products and briefs
- Work with data visualization experts to develop and update COVID -19 dashboards from triangulated data sources
- Ensure a sustainable capacity building and mentorship strategy is implemented across the State EOCs on COVID-19 data analysis, data demand and use
- Implement any other duties as assigned per the dynamic programming environment.
- A Master’s Degree in Public Health, Statistics, Health Informatics, Computer Science, Monitoring and Evaluation or a related field.
- At least five years’ experience working with health management information systems or routine health information systems.
- Experience working on COVID-19 programs, working knowledge of SORMAS, DHIS 2 preferred.
- Skills in data analysis and data visualization with proficiency in a statistical package i.e. Stata, SPSS, advanced excel, or Business Intelligence applications.
- Previous experience conducting State/LGA, and facility data assessments and data reviews.
- Working knowledge of patient-level and aggregate data management systems.
- Ability to work well under pressure, skills in crisis management and problem solving.
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English; ability to communicate technical information to audiences with varying levels of technical expertise.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online