National Democratic Institute (NDI) Job Recruitment 2021. Apply for latest NDI Jobs as the official Portal opens.
The National Democratic Institute is a nonprofit, nonpartisan, nongovernmental organization that has supported democratic institutions and practices in every region of the world for more than three decades. Since its founding in 1983, NDI and its local partners have worked to establish and strengthen political and civic organizations, safeguard elections, and promote citizen participation, openness and accountability in government.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT & Administrative Assistant
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: Security and Logistics Manager and the Communications Officer.
- NDI Nigeria seeks to hire an IT and Administrative Assistant who will join its Security & Logistics Team based in Abuja.
- The IT and Administrative Assistant will establish and maintain a well-functioning IT support operation for the NDI-Nigeria Office. This position is available immediately.
- Under close supervision, provide day-to-day IT and Administrative support to staff.
- Daily administering and maintaining the office network.
- Providing help desk support to all staff.
- Provides assistance in the use of personal computer hardware, software, and specialized mainframe technology
- Providing daily assistance on the usage of Microsoft Office Suite to all staff.
- Regularly updating staff antivirus software.
- Trouble shooting all faulty IT equipment (hardware and software) such as laptops, desktops, printers, scanners, and photocopiers.
- Ensuring that the internet connectivity is up and running at all times with little or no down time.
- Assist new staff to activate NDI gmail account.
- Keep a log of all IT problems and solutions provided.
- Replacing used/finished toner cartridges in all the printers and copiers with new ones.
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses problems, implements corrective action procedures within prescribed guidelines and/or escalates to other technical resources as appropriate
- Provides basic troubleshooting, repair and maintenance for computer equipment (e.g. microcomputers, disk drives, and laser printers) and may assist with testing personal computers and peripherals on a network to diagnose, hardware versus software problems.
- Establish and maintain a well-functioning IT support operation for the Nigeria office.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related subjects, graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience working on technology; preferably in international development.
- Excellent communications skills, verbal written and via online mediums (such as IM)
- Ability to provide technical advice on IT usage to partners in various cultural environments
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including good listening skills, influencing, negotiation and coaching
- Capacity to build and maintain relationships and to work effectively in a multicultural and multi-ethnic environment respecting diversity.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Working knowledge of PC-based word processing and spreadsheet applications;
- Experience with the Google Apps suite (Gmail, Calendar, Google Drive, G+, etc.) is strongly desired.
- Salary is commensurate with the NDI Nigeria salary scale.
- Benefits and a housing allowance will be provided.
Application Closing Date
8th January, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a Cover letter and a CV to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- NDI is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, political affiliation, religion, gender, disability, and/or sexual orientation.