Apply for the Latest Job Vacancy recruitment as National Democratic Institute (NDI) recruitment portal opens for 2020 / 2021 job position.
The National DemocraticInstitute is a nonprofit, nonpartisan, nongovernmental organization that has supported democratic institutions and practices in every region of the world for more than three decades. Since its founding in 1983, NDI and its local partners have worked to establish and strengthen political and civic organizations, safeguard elections, and promote citizen participation, openness and accountability in government.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
National Democratic Institute (NDI) Vacancy
Job Title: Driver
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: Security and Logistics Manager
- NDI Nigeria seeks to hire a Driver who will join its Security & Logistics Team based in Abuja.
- The Driver will be responsible for driving NDI project vehicles in Nigeria, wherever it is safe to operate in accordance with safety standards and driving laws of the Country and NDI policies. This position is available immediately.
- Under close supervision, provide logistics and driving support to the entire NDI staff.
- Drive staff, consultants and guests to various destinations within and outside Abuja under the direct supervision of the Head Driver.
- Provide guidance on appropriate departure time to meetings and shortest route destinations.
- Drive guest to and fro hotels, residence and airport helping them load and unload as necessary;
- Drive safely and responsibly at all times, never drive under the influence of alcohol.
- Maintains vehicle logbook, accounting for all mileage and fuel consumption/costs.
- Maintains cleanliness of vehicles.
- Ensure vehicles are in good mechanical order and completes and submits weekly log sheets to support this.
- Perform day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicles; check oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc. and ensure that the assigned NDI vehicles are roadworthy and maintained up to the established security standards.
- Reports and arranges any repairs and replacements immediately to the Security and Logistics Manager.
- Ensure that vehicles under their care are secured from loss and damage.
- Ensure that the steps required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in an accident.
- Deliver mails to partner organizations or donor agencies in Abuja.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Secondary School Education.
- 1-2 years’ work experience as a driver; safe driving record; knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair
- Adequate knowledge of traffic laws.
- Have a valid and clean driver’s license.
- Knowledge of the Abuja/Nigerian road network.
- Language Requirements: English.
- Salary is commensurate with the NDI Nigeria salary scale.
- Benefits and a housing allowance will be provided.
Application Closing Date
28th January, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover letter and a CV to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- NDI is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, political affiliation, religion, gender, disability, and/or sexual orientation.