Netcom Africa Limited Job Recruitment 2020: Netcom Africa Limited – Built from the ground up for high-speed broadband IP communications, Netcom Africa Limited has been the leading ICT provider of corporate tailored solutions in western Africa since 2004.
We are recruiting:
Job Title: Assistant Rigger
- Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
- We are recruiting to fill the position of Assistant Rigger.This position will reduce external contractors minor contracted works for installation activities
- Perform standard rigging works.
- Carry out preventive maintenance (PM) on POE, RF cables and tower top equipment and antennas.
- Carry out preventive maintenance on mounting hardware and tower Equipment facility and cabling installation workmanship for the following but not limited to;
- Radio links
- Tower Grounding facility
- Condition of the tower structure
- Generates activity, maintenance, update reports and relevant information on a predetermined regular basis as assigned.
- Assists engineers that require RF related work, relocation and installation.
- Assist engineers on field installation related activities but not limited to:
- Completion of equipment handling procedure training from Field Service Supervisor.
- Hauling of batteries to POP locations and assist in physical arrangement.
- Hauling of installation materials on the site location
- Assist riggers in pulling up antenna assembly.
- Ensure all materials to be used in the installation are complete and in good working condition prior to any assigned deployment.
- Carrying out basic civil, masonry and carpentry works for any type of installation.
- Assembly of antenna on the mount in preparation for the antenna alignment and optimization.
- Standard run of pipe and trunks for all outdoor and indoor installations.
- Ensure that HSE equipment are in good condition prior to any activity and are always worn on site.
- Ensure that all excess civil, masonry, carpentry and installation materials and tools are returned to the office for proper endorsement to Inventory
- Ensure that work site is left clean and tidy (housekeeping) better than before work started.
- Any activities/works that may be assigned by management that can be handled based on the Rigger’s capabilities
Expectations in line with company policies:
- Shall be presentable to internal and external clients in relation to company dress code and provisions.
- Shall at all times exhibit good customer relations in and out of work.
- Shall at all times sport the company ID being a company representative, mandatory, especially on official duty.
- Materials and equipment shall not be brought out of the company premise unless on official installation assignments.
- Shall be on the designated workplace at the start of duty hours, 0830h, or as agreed by the attached engineer or supervisor.
- Shall notify supervisor or engineer attached to before leaving workplace or work site for any reason.
- An Ordinary National Diploma (OND) or its equivalent in any technical field with two years rigging experience in the telecommunications industry.
- Experience in carrying out civil, masonry and carpentry works.
- Basic knowledge in tower climbing and work-related safety.
- Basic configuration of RF radios is a plus factor.
- Use of the GPS or App and interpreting its values.
- Use of HSE equipment and tools (safety harness, rigging helmets, etc.)
- Basic knowledge in the use of office tools (MS Word, Excel and other available tools) for reporting.
- Good communications skills.
- A team player.
- Ability to us Google Earthing determining survey results and verification.
- Must be dedicated, trust worthy, and have passion to learn.
Deadline: Not specified
To apply for Netcom Africa Limited Job Recruitment 2020 follow the link below