Wakanow is Africa’s leading, full-service online travel company. At Wakanow, we understand that everyone likes easy and affordable travel services, so we provide our customers with a one-stop booking portal for Flights, Hotels, Visa Assistance, Holiday Packages, Airport Transfers, an international Travel SIM, a Prepaid Travel Card, a Loyalty program, and much more.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Network Administrator
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- The Network Administrator’s role is to ensure the stable operation of the computer networks. This includes planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all network hardware, software, and communication links
- Configure and manage security firewall, anti-virus, threat Intelligence, Intrusion Detection, & Incident Management.
- Implement and manage SSL/VPN for both cloud and on-prem
- Configuration, and manage all wireless infrastructure (Access points, SSID’s, Channel distribution, Range and connectivity)
- Configuration and installation of Cisco routers and switches
- Internet Monitoring and management
- Implement, configure and manage network monitoring tools
- Analyze, test, troubleshoot, and evaluate existing network systems (Cabled and Wireless)
- Analyze network data to ensure optimum performance
- Configure security settings or access permissions for groups or individuals.
- Maintain Network Vendor operations
- Evaluate and deploy new services and functions as needed
- Lead on network projects and participate in network infrastructure design
- Ensure internal networks have the capacity to meet business demands
- Assists System Administrator with maintenance of VOIP phone system.
- Develop and maintain Azure networks within the organization
- Provide 3rd level Network Support
- Assist in Infrastructure and applications support
- Lead/manage other IT projects
- Working knowledge of a wide range of datacenter technologies including: Local (LAN) and wide-area networks (WAN); NAS and/or SAN storage technologies. Firewalls, and VPN Network protocols such as TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, SNMP, FTP, HTTP, SMTP, etc.
- Working knowledge of various network types, including wireless, fiber optic etc.
- Proven ability to multi-task and operate in a dynamic enterprise environment.
- Must be proficient in all aspects of IPv4 and IPv6 routing, multicast, jumbo frame configuration on all network and firewall platforms
- Network Administration (3+ years)
- Network Protocols (TCP/IP, UDP) (3+ years)
- Network Security, Intrusion Detection, and Server Monitoring (3+ years)
- Troubleshooting and resolving Network/System related issues
- Must be able to produce proper network diagrams using PowerPoint, Visio, or similar applications
- Knowledge of Cisco peripheral devices (Routers and Switches)
- Knowledge of various security devices (Cyber-roam, Sophos, ASA, etc.) will be an advantage
- Possession of Cisco CCNP will be an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online