NIMASA World Maritime Day: Apply for Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA) World Maritime Day Essay Competition 2020 / 2021 via the application portal.
The Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA) is the apex regulatory and promotional maritime agency. The Agency was established primarily for the administration of Maritime Safety Seafarers Standards and Security, Maritime Labour, Shipping Regulation, Promotion of Commercial Shipping and Cobatage activities, Pollution Prevention and Control in the marine environment. The Agency also implements domesticated International Maritime Organization (IMO) and International Labour Organization (ILO) Conventions.
We invite applications from qualified candidates for the 2020 World Maritime Day Essay Competition:
Title: Sustainable Shipping for Sustainable Planet
- The Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA) is organizing an essay competition to commemorate the 2020 World Maritime Day with the theme “Sustainable Shipping for Sustainable Planet”.
- The essay competition is designed to create awareness of the tremendous opportunities in the maritime sector and engender the interest of Nigerian youths to pursue careers in it.
- The World Maritime Day is celebrated by the International Maritime Organization (IMO) and member states globally to focus attention on the importance of shipping safety, maritime security, marine environment, seafarers and other specific aspects of IMO’s work.
- Topic: “Sustainable Shipping for Sustainable Planet”, in line with the theme of the 2020 World Maritime Day
- International Breweries Plc Recruitment (Diploma, Degree)
- Coca Cola Company Recruitment 2021
- God is Good Motors Recruitment 2021 | GIGM Vacancies
- Software Developer at First Bank of Nigeria Limited
- MSH Recruitment 2021 | Management Sciences for Health (MSH) Jobs Vacancies (Diploma/Degree)
- Coca-Cola Bottling Company Jobs Vacancies
- FCMB Recruitment 2021 Graduate Jobs / Internship (Open to Multiple Discipline)
- Oxford International Group Recruitment 2021 Vacancies (NCE, Diploma, Degree)
- CBN TIES 2021 Loan Application Portal (Graduates & Undergraduates) Central Bank of Nigeria Tertiary Institutions Entrepreneurship Scheme (TIES) 2021
- The essay competition is open to only Year 1 and Year 2 students of Nigerian tertiary institutions
- Participants are required to scan bona fide proof of studentship alongside their essays. Proof should include letters of admission and identity cards of the institution
- Essays should be maximum of 1,200 words (+ or – 10%) double spaced in MS Word and font size 12
- Plagiarism will not be accepted
- Essay should end with the name, telephone number and e-mail address of the participant
- Essays that do not follow the guidelines will be disqualified
Prizes & Awards
- N500,000 Education grant plus a laptop and a plaque plus publication of the winning essay in NIMASA’s magazine, The VOYAGE, & the NIMASA’s website.
- N350,000 Education grant plus a laptop and plaque
- N250,000 Education grant plus a laptop and plaque
- 7 Consolation Awards of N100,000 Education grant each and plaque
- Essays submitted after the deadline will not be considered
- Only successful participants will be contacted
- Presentation of Prizes & Awards will be notified within two weeks after the deadline
- Prizes & Awards will be presented at a date to be announced.