The Nigerian Stock Exchange, services the largest economy in Africa, and is championing the development of Africa’s financial markets. The Exchange offers listing and trading services, licensing services, market data solutions, ancillary technology services, and more. It is an open, professional and vibrant exchange, connecting Nigeria, Africa and the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Monitoring & Evaluation Business Specialist
- Department: Strategy Department
- Report to: Head, Strategy Department
- Grade: Assistant Manager – Manager
- Division: CEO
- Estimated Date of Resumption: Monday, April 6, 2020
- The Project Monitoring and Evaluation (PM&E) functionality will provide support in monitoring and evaluating ongoing and newly initiated projects within The Exchange.
- This will include ensuring that all ongoing and new projects are tied to the strategic initiative, as well as ensuring that proper governance documentation are properly structured and executed by project sponsors.
- Additionally, this post holder will ensure that all projects have adequate project timeliness, which will be captured in a live project dashboard.
- The Project Monitoring and Evaluation (PM&E) Business Specialist will be responsible for the overall PM&E needs of the project and will come up with findings based on real data to show performance of the projects.
- The incumbent will also help The Exchange in strengthening its PM&E functions based on best practice and experience gained from other projects.
- The PM&E functionality will be responsible for escalating key issues on mission critical projects through the appropriate channels, and well as proffering solution to said issues.
- Lead in arranging and orchestrating monthly Project Prioritization meetings on an ongoing basis
- Responsible for monitoring and ensuring high quality and timely inputs, and for ensuring that the project maintains its strategic vision and that its activities result in the achievement of its intended outputs in a cost-effective and timely manner.
- The PM&E Business Specialist will be responsible for designing and implementing the PM&E activities of the project; prepare reports on project progress and will monitor the project activities on a regular basis, developing and maintaining momentum for project execution
- Collect & analyse different data in relation to the project activities
- Review and analyse business processes for the purpose of post-implementation evaluation
- Work with the business representatives and other stakeholders on proposing and agreeing suitable business improvements
- Develop best practice using technology tools, change management control and impact assessments. Process mapping, gap analysis, benefits analysis and post-implementation reviews are key deliverables
- Responsible for ensuring that agreed set of practices, principles and templates are used for managing projects
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Perform regular assessments of projects with departmental heads and/or project managers to ensure project management standards are followed when managing projects
- Support Project Managers in project delivery through appropriate resource allocations and prioritization based on stakeholders requirements and strategy plans
- Develop and review business cases for proposed changes and/or new business requirements
- Produce weekly reports and live dashboards for the Executive Committee/Management Team showing progress against outstanding milestones, status, resource requirements, issues, risks and dependencies, organize complex information
- Record, manage and preserve PM&E data in a safe and accessible way
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Ensure the implementation of projects adheres to The Exchange’s project management framework
- Participate actively in program planning process and budgeting of the program quality
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques. Ensuring completed projects are formally closed out after the go-live (depending on the complexity of the project)
- Attend Project Meetings and drive respective project teams to ensure execution of projects
- Foster and maintain strategic relationships with internal stakeholders.
Qualifications and Experience
To successfully deliver the above goals, the right candidate must have:
- BSc degree in Engineering Discipline, Mathematics, Physics or any other related discipline
- Minimum of 5 – 7 years relevant experience – ie process/business analysis
- Relevant professional qualifications(s) will be added advantage
- Project Management
- Business Analysis
- Process Management
- Relationship Management
- Research and Analysis
- Microsoft Office Packages
- Knowledge of PRINCE2 methodology
- Stakeholder Management
- Knowledge of Balanced Score Card.
- Effective Communication Skills (Written & Oral)
- Planning and Organizing
- Inter-Personal Relations
- Result Oriented
- Team Work
- Time Management.
Deadline: 20th February, 2020.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should: