Nile University of Nigeria Recruitment: Nile University Recruitment 2020 in Nigeria and Canada. Apply for Nile University Job. Nile University of Nigeria graduate vacancy. Nile University Graduate Research Assistant Vacancy. Nile University of Nigeria – Tertiary level education forms the bedrock of high level manpower development in any nation. This highlights the need for a qualitative education at this level.
Nile University of Nigeria Recruitment
We are recruiting:
Job Title: Graduate Research Assistant
Locations: Abuja Municipal, Federal Capital Territory and Canada
- We’re looking for research assistants to work on a multi-disciplinary (media studies and criminology) research project titled: “reframing media studies of crime, insurgencies and counter-terrorism in Nigeria”.
About the Research Project
- We are looking to conduct research on the history, current challenges, and potential reframing of media studies and the reporting of crime, insurgencies, and counterterrorism in Nigeria, with a specific focus on the period since Nigeria’s return to democracy in 1999.
- The research assistants will work with the project researchers based at the University of Manitoba, and the University of Alberta, in Canada, and the Nile University of Nigeria, in Abuja, for a fixed period of up to two years.
Purpose of the Position
- The successful candidate will be involved in all major phases of the research project.
- S / he will use some qualitative data analysis software including, but not limited to, Nvivo and Endnote to design research instruments, conduct data collection and analysis, and the dissemination of research findings.
- Given the inter-disciplinary nature of the project, applications are welcome from graduate students in any social science or humanities disciplines.
- However, we are especially looking for applicants who have an interest in the fields of media studies, international criminology, and peace and conflict studies.
The successful candidate will participate actively in the following:
- Design data points for data collection especially secondary data;
- Conduct literature reviews;
- Collect, analyze data and report secondary data for the approved data points;
- Book design and prepare interview questions;
- Recruit and / or interview human participants and summarize interviews;
- Maintain accurate records of interviews, safeguarding the confidentiality of subjects, as necessary;
- Maintain database for all interviews;
- Manage and respond to project-related emails;
- Travel to field sites to collect and record data and/or samples as appropriate;
- Code and verify data in accordance with the specified research protocol and coding procedures and enter data into a specified data analysis software, computer database and/or spreadsheet application for subsequent analysis;
- Develop or assist in the development of interview schedules; contact potential subjects to introduce and explain study objectives and protocol and to arrange interviews, either in person or by telephone;
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Must be a registered MA or PhD student of a Social Science field of study in a recognized university;
- Experienced in using qualitative data analysis softwares including Nvivo and Endnote or strong willingness to learn;
- Very good computer skills (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, google forms/sheets);
- Experienced in online team management, information & knowledge management and sharing including through the use of Dropbox, SharePoint and Google drive;
- Good communication skills and ability to present documents and activity reports clearly.
Added Advantage skills & Proficiencies:
- Experienced in statistical analysis software;
- Attention to detail, Critical thinking, other demonstrable technical skills;
- Graphical presentation of and research findings;
- Experienced in planning, scheduling, interviewing and data collection
Application Deadline: 10th September, 2020
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Application and Resume to “Dr. Russell Smandych, Department of Sociology and Criminology, University of Manitoba”, by email, at: [email protected] ; or “Dr. Muhammad Kabir Yusuf, Department of Mass Communication, Nile University of Nigeria”, at: [email protected] using the “Job title” as subject of the email.
Note: Due to a high volume of applicants, please understand that we are able to contact only those who meet the minimum qualifications. No phone calls, please.