NLNG Ship Management Limited (NSML) was incorporated as a private limited liability company on 9th October 2008 as a subsidiary of Nigeria LNG Limited. The company provides a wide range of shipping services covering training, manning, fleet management, terminal management services and consultancy services
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Accountant
- Ref: NSF/11/2020/10/001
- Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- Job Grade: Officer
- Status: Permanent
- To develop and maintain adequate financial and accounting systems and procedures for NSML with in-built controls, in order to provide accurate financial information, analysis and statutory reports.
- To maintain the integrity of financial transactions in NSML’s General Ledger and ensure full compliance with relevant international accounting standards, concepts and principles.
The duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain the financial database and ensure the integrity of the ledger. Ensure the completeness and accuracy of all financial transactions in the General Ledger and ensure that all recoriciliations are done in a timely manner.
- Prepare quarterly and annual Financial Statements and reports in compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards and relevant accounting concepts and principles.
- Maintain Finance Lease schedule and ensure compliance with all relevant covenants, administrative requirements and obligations. Ensure timely and accurate booking of the related transactions.
- Develop, implement and update detailed procedures and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) covering job function. Develop Finance Control Framework (FCF) and RACI matrix.
- Produce all audit schedules as may be required by auditors and investigate and promptly respond to all audit queries to ensure smooth internal and external audit processes. Follow up to resolve all internal and/or external audit issues and other enquiries (pre and post audit). This includes financial audits from government, tax and other regulatory agencies. Implement recommendations on the operation of the control systems and any other agreed recommendations by the auditors.
- Provide on independent check and monitor expenses and revenues arising from existing and future contracts to verify occurrence, accuracy, completeness and proper classification of transactions.
- Liaise with Tax Department to ensure correct computation of tax obligations including tax analysis on existing and future tax lows and tax implications on proposed Company initiatives.
- Carry out monthly and quarterly finance closure activities:
- Ensure accurate and timely recording of monthly financial transactions.
- Ensure that services received but unpaid for in any month are accrued for in accordance with relevant accounting concepts and conventions.
- Carry out periodic inter-company accounts reconciliation with stakeholders.
- Ensure the monthly clearing and reconciliation of all assigned balance sheet CL accounts including monthly proof of accounts submitted for review and approval.
- Ensure proper and orderly filing, storage and retrieval of accounting records. Act as record focal point for finance and accounting records.
The right candidate should:
- Possess a University Degree in Accounting or a Finance related Discipline with a minimum of Second Class Upper (2.1) Division.
- Possess a professional accounting qualification: ICAN, ACCA, CIMA or CFA.
- Have a minimum of 4 years post-graduation experience in a Finance related role. Cognate experience in the Maritime or Logistics industry will be on added advantage.
- Be skilled in accounts operations and financial reporting
- Possess good communication, negotiating and interpersonal skills.
- Be a Self-starter
- Not be more than 35 years of age as at 31 st December, 2020.
- Be fluent in English Language
Application Closing Date
31st March, 2020.
- Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted
- Any false information provided during or after the application process will lead to on outright disqualification of such candidate(s).