Guaranty Trust Holding Company (Formerly Guaranty Trust Bank Plc) is a multinational financial institution that provides individuals, businesses, private and public institutions across Africa and the United Kingdom with a broad range of market-leading financial products and services. Headquartered in Lagos, Nigeria and with subsidiaries in Cote D’Ivoire, Gambia, Ghana, Liberia, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda, Sierra Leone and the United Kingdom, the Bank currently employs over 12,000 professionals and has Total assets and Shareholders’ Funds of N4.057trillion and N661.1Billion respectively.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Node.js Back-end Developer (HabariPay)
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Industry: Financial Services
- HabariPay is hiring a Node.js Back-end Developer responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users.
- Primary focus for this role will be the development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end.
- He/She will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built buy the front-end team into the application. Therefore, a basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Integration of data storage solutions may include databases, key-value stores, blob stores, etc.
- Developing and maintaining all server-side network components.
- Ensuring optimal performance of the central database and responsiveness to front-end requests.
- Collaborating with front-end developers on the integration of elements.
- Designing customer-facing UI and back-end services for various business processes.
- Developing high-performance applications by writing testable, reusable, and efficient code.
- Implementing effective security protocols, data protection measures, and storage solutions.
- Running diagnostic tests, repairing defects, and providing technical support.
Requirements and Qualification
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or any relevant course from a Reputable University
- Minimum of 3 years proven experience as a Nodes.js Backend Developer
- Knowledge of Node.js and frameworks available for such as Express, StrongLoop, etc depending on your technology stack
- Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming and its quirks and workarounds
- Good understanding of server-side templating languages such as Jade, EJS, etc depending on your technology stack
- Good understanding of server-side CSS pre-processors such as Stylus, Less, etc depending on your technology stack
- Basic understanding of front-end technologies, such as HTML5, and CSS3
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Understanding differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs. desktop,and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
Application Closing Date
30th November, 2022.