NRC Recruitment 2021: Apply for latest Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) Recruitment / Jobs Vacancies via the official job Portal.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent, humanitarian, non-profit, non-governmental organisation. We provide assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide. What is NRC? NRC promotes and protects the rights of refugees and people who have been displaced within their own country.
We are recruiting:
NRC Recruitment 2021
1). ICLA Project Manager
Job Identification: 728
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Job Category: Legal
Job Schedule: Full time
Role and Responsibilities
- Through Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) Core Competency, NRC supports efforts of the Government to increase access to legal and civil documentation, and Housing, Land and Property (HLP) rights for conflict-affected communities in northeast Nigeria.
- Assistance is focused on provision of information, counselling and legal assistance and support to secure tenure/shelter to rights-holders, and capacity building for duty-bearers, in collaboration with local authorities, UN and NGO partners.
- Under the overall supervision of the Area Manager and with technical support of ICLA Specialist, the Project Manager will be responsible for implementation of activities in Borno South and Adamawa.
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Line management of project staff
- Contribute to the development of Country, Area and ICLA strategies, initiate and participate in the development of relevant ICLA projects
- Coordinate and manage ICLA project implementation in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements
- Provide technical direction to ICLA team, and ensure high quality of projects
- Provide regular progress reports to the Area Manager and the ICLA Specialist, highlight operational successes and challenges
- Ensure that projects targets beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore and assess better ways to assist
- Develop and manage project budget, in cooperation with the Area Manager and ICLA Coordinators.
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders
- Promote the rights of displaced persons in line with the advocacy strategy
- Coordinate and Supervise the ICLA project team and programme activities
- Coordinate preparation of work plans and progress reports for ICLA teams
- Ensure activity deliverables are in line with project outputs and objectives
- Identify synergies, needs and gaps in implementation and recommend appropriate actions
- Identify best practices, lessons learned and provide inputs to the planning, design and implementation of projects
- Support capacity building of staff and other stakeholders to improve the implementation of the project
- Develop and maintain relations with relevant stakeholders, and promote coordination and communication among local leaders and communities to ensure effective participation in NRC activities
- Coordinate preparation of donor reports, GORs and monthly reports on activities and progress
- Any other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
Relevant interfaces for this position are:
- Strategy, staff capacity building and project planning: ICLA Specialist
- Area operations and implementation: Area Manager.
Scale and scope of position:
- Project Coordinators, ICLA Officers, ICLA Assistants.
- UNHCR, IRC, UNICEF, DRC, Save the Children, Legal aid Council of Nigeria, Ministry of Lands and Survey, NBA, Ministry of Women’s Affairs, National Identity Commission, NEMA, SEMA, Local Courts, other community decision-makers.
- GORS, Agresso, Webcruiter, Intranet.
- Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Law, International Relations, Human Rights or related field.
Generic professional competencies for this position:
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in project management, ideally in a displacement context
- Experience with work in the humanitarian context is an asset.
- Knowledge of protection principles and familiarity with legal assistance programming will be an added advantage
- Experience in managing staff
- Excellent command in Microsoft Applications
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
Context related skills, knowledge and experience:
- Knowledge of the context in Nigeria
- Political and cultural awareness and experience of working where insecurity is a major issue
- Proven skills in report writing
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through training, mentoring and other formal and non-formal methods
- Handling insecure environments
- Political and cultural awareness.
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioural competencies, and the following are essential for this position:
- Planning and delivering results
- Working with people
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Handling insecure environments.
The employee will be accountable for the responsibilities and the competencies, in accordance with the NRC Performance Management Manual. The following documents will be used for performance reviews:
- The Job Description
- The Work and Professional Development Plan
- The Mid-term/End-of-trial Period Performance Review Template
- The End-term Performance Review Template
- The NRC Competency Framework.
How to Apply: Use the link below to apply:
- Top 10 Richest Nollywood Actors
- MainOne Cable Recruitment 2021 (Exp. & Intern Jobs – Diploma & Degree) Many openings
- MainOne Cable Nigeria Vacancies 2021 Trainee, Internship & Exp. Jobs (12 Positions)
- Cummins Recruitment 2021
- Nigerdock Recruitment 2021
- Jumia Recruitment 2021
2). Monitoring and Evaluation Team Lead (Re-Advertised)
Job Identification: 988
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Job Category: Analysis and Assessment
Job Schedule: Full time
These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title. The responsibilities shall be short and essential. Details belong in the Work and Professional Development Plan:
- Ensure compliance with NRC policies, guidelines and standards;
- Ensure compliance with Core Competency strategy, tools, handbooks, guidelines and standards;
- Responsible for technical quality control and performance monitoring (quality at activity, outputs and outcomes) of Core Competency project(s) at area office level;
- Coordinate M&E activities and report to Area Manager on progress,
- Promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards & principles within NRC and amongst beneficiaries served by NRC.
These responsibilities shall be adapted to the particularities of the job location and context, phase of operation, strategic focus and type of programme intervention. This section shall be revised whenever a new employee is hired or the context changes significantly:
- Provide technical analysis and feedback in Area Office’s coordination meetings;
- Assess, promote and document ideas for M&E improvements and further program development options;
- Technical support (coaching, mentoring, on the job training) towards field offices staff;
- Consolidate programme performance report at area office (output, progress markers, outcomes, budget spent versus results achieved) of the Area Office;
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist;
- Support the set-up of complaint mechanisms within the geographical area of responsibility, in line with existing tools;
- Support in close collaboration with the complaints and Feedbacks Mechanisms (CFM) officer the monitoring of the effectiveness and efficiency of complaint mechanisms in place;
- Support in designing and developing research, distribution, post distribution monitoring methodologies;
- Support in setting up a learning agenda;
- Perform data quality checks and observations to guarantee that data is collected according to high quality standard;
- Perform qualitative and quantitative data analysis, desk reviews and quarterly trends analysis with secondary data;
- Document project progress, M&E issues and/or questions in a way that can be channelled to the Area Manager, the M&E Coordinator and Manager;
- Support the team in other activities agreed and discussed with the management.
- Degree Level: University, Advanced.
How to Apply: Use the link below to apply:
NRC Recruitment 2021 Application Deadline: Feb 25, 2021
- All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
- This position is for Nigerian nationals only!