Saroafrica International Limited (‘Saro’) is an indigenous private sector player with 3 decades of experience in Nigeria. Saro has five Subsidiaries (Saro Agrosciences, Saro Lifecare, Saro Agro-Allied, Gossy Warm Spring and Saro Oil Palm) and two Joint Ventures (AgriseedCo and Green Hills Agricultural Products). Saro’s is set to become a leading consumer, manufacturing, FMCG and integrated agricultural value chain group. In pursuit of this ambition Saro is making significant investment in a Palm Plantation and Cassava to Ethanol Plant. This role is intended for Saro Oil Palm.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nursery Manager
Location: Urhonigbe, Edo
Employment Type: Full-time
Duties / Responsibilities
- Actively manage the pre-and main nurseries team in achieving their targets which are summarized here below:
- Support the achievement of plantation targets within the agreed budget.
- Deliver the agreed number of plantlets in time and quality for the budgeted planting programme according to best practice international standards, with the lowest possible mortality rate, and the highest possible growth rate. Maintain the pre and main nurseries at the best quality level, through best-in-class fertilization, pest and disease control, and irrigation.
- Organize and supervise nurseries workforce, including Batch Managers and Irrigation supervisors, to improve outturn and workers’ productivity.
- Respect first in first out management of all plantation store items.
- Control the budget allocated for each operation and ensure expenses are within budget.
- Assist in the training and upskilling of all nurseries workforce to best management practices.
- Support and assist the Agricultural Director and ESG teams in the implementation of all environmental and health and safety initiatives.
Education and Experience / Skills
- Minimum of a Second Class Upper B. Agric (Hons) Degree in Agronomy, Bio-engineering or equivalent subject.
- Relevant 5 – 10 years professional experience in a similar role and environment. Prior experience in oil palm nurseries is essential.
- Knowledge and experience of agricultural operations, imperatively in the plantation sector, in Africa.
- Management/ supervisory skills and experience of managing agricultural teams an advantage.
- English language essential.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work in cross cultural environment.
- Good IT skills.
- Knowledge of local languages is an advantage.
- Age Requirement: 30 – 40 years.
Application Closing Date
3rd November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online