Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
The French Section of Médecins Sans Frontières is currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nursing Team Supervisor
>>>CLICK HERE to Join JOBS IN NIGERIA & OVERSEAS Telegram Channel
- Plan, organize and evaluate the nursing activities and the team associated, according to MSF values, policies and protocols and universal health standards, in order to warrant the quality and continuity of the health care and the achievement of the project objectives.
- Implement all the protocols and the hygiene procedures and supervise that his/her team follow the same standards, in order to warrant the quality of the care and service in his/her department.
- Organize and coordinate the activities of his/her team (monthly roster, annual leave, absences, recruitments) evaluate their performance and define and ensure the needs for training of staff, in order to ensure that his/her ward has the correct quantity and quality of human resources.
- Ensure that all his/her team is trained for: Recognizing changes in patient condition ad contacting the appropriate doctor when needed, recognizing the drug and transfusion reactions and the appropriate actions to take, properly operating all medical equipment in the ICU, performing cardiopulmonary and neonatal resuscitation, drawing blood using the appropriate tube for each different test, obtaining IV access in all circumstances, changing dressings and recognizing wounds that require physician consultation, calculating and administering all ordered drugs correctly and at the appropriate rate, following post-partum protocols (assess for bleeding, infection, etc.), following antepartum monitoring.
- Supervise the pharmacy and the medical equipment management in his department (drugs weekly orders, follow-up of the stock, storage conditions, inventories, follow-up of expired drugs, drugs consumption, maintenance of the equipment in collaboration with the Biomed Technician) in order to satisfy the needs of the ward with efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ensure that all administrative information (exit-paper, transfer-paper, etc.) and data (patient files, forms, statistics, etc.) is properly collected and transferred weekly to the data department. Participate in the monthly reporting and analysis of the activity of his/her department.
- Participate in the recruitment process when required
- Be able to manage absences and replacements of the team in direct management with field admin
- Be able to inform/report the direct line manager of any problem, changes, information and data requested.
- Nursing Diploma, essential
- Essential 2 years of previous experience Having worked in MSF or other NGO’s and in developing countries is desirable.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Stress management
- Leadership qualities
- Clinical knowledge
- Essential, local language (Hausa) commandment desirable; mission working language (English).
- Monthly Gross salary of 460,940 (Four hundred and Sixty Thousand, Nine Hundred and Forty) Naira per month, plus 13th-month allowance equivalent to 1 month of gross salary (pro-rated to the 13th-month allowance)
Application Closing Date
26th August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only successful applicants will be called for the next steps and are obligated to disclose any information about family member(s) currently in the employ of MSF-France in any location.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the MSF recruitment process.
- MSF reserves the right to refuse to hire a candidate having benefitted from any such acts. All illicit demands may be pursued through the judicial system.
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages any Nigerian citizen to apply irrespective of race, gender, religion, creed, political affiliation.