Oando Plc is one of Africa’s largest integrated energy solutions provider with a proud heritage. It has a primary listing on the Nigeria Stock Exchange and a secondary listing on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange. With shared values of Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, Passion and Professionalism (TRIPP).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Petroleum Engineering Department
>>>CLICK HERE to Join JOBS IN NIGERIA & OVERSEAS Telegram Channel
Location: Lagos, Nigeria (On-site)
Job Type: Full-time
Reports To: GM, Subsurface
Direct Reports: Lead / Principal Reservoir Engineer and Lead / Principal Production Technologist
Indirect Reports: Reservoir Engineers, Senior Reservoir Engineers, Production Technologists and Senior Production Technologists
Summarize briefly the major function and purpose of the position:
- Coordinates activities of the REs & P. Techs and ensures seamless interface with the G&G function
- Ensures the Petroleum engineering team has all the necessary software and tools to deliver on their commitments
- Prepares departmental annual budgets
- Lead strategic staffing model development for short and long term business sustainability models
- Lead engagement with counterparts in the operator’s organization in the non-operated ventures
- Leads & manages the Reservoir Engineering function to deliver on the following:
- Field Development Planning and project optimization including new field development drilling
- Provide Petroleum Engineering support to oil fields. This includes all aspects of drilling, well completion and workover activities, from job design to on-site implementation.
- Provide effective reservoir management for the developed reservoirs
- Participate in interdisciplinary reservoir study teams
- Work with geoscientists and production engineers to predict production potential
- Production performance monitoring and evaluation
- Database structure and application of production database management system (OFM)
- Conduct economic evaluation (including extensive decision analysis work) of exploration and development drilling opportunities, acquisitions, and divestitures
- Periodic reserves certification exercises & supervision of reserve studies performed by consulting firms
- Perform detailed simulation studies to optimize well production / design or to investigate critical aspects related to fluid movements, and will conduct analytical studies to understand the fluid flow characteristics in the reservoir
- Build reservoir models and carry out simulations to evaluate the possible development scenarios and associated reserve profiles
- Conduct decline curve and pressure transient testing analyses
- Prepare reserve estimates and economic analyses for exploration and development drilling and recompletion projects, and analyze electric logs, formation pressures, and reservoir fluids
- Prepare and supervise the implementation of programs for drill stem testing & pressure surveys
- Evaluate potential acquisitions and divestitures, as well as identifying and recommending exploitation opportunities on existing properties
- Leads & manages the Production Technology function to deliver on the following:
- Wellbore integrity management system
- Conduct periodic wellbore surveillance reviews, including well performance modelling and interpretation
- Prepare completion design and well deliverability assessment for new drill wells
- Prepare and supervise the implementation of programs for well testing, well workovers and well stimulations
- Design, application, safety precaution and evaluation of artificial lift such as gas lift, electric submersible pump and sucker rod pump
- Perform well production optimization studies and supervise execution
- Well candidate selection for production enhancement using production engineering tools.
- Support drilling plans and execution, develop and maintain well deliverability models and running economic models of production optimization proposals
- Maintain and develop internal processes for decision making, performance analysis, and planning and
- Advise the GM, Subsurface on business plan development / execution and strategic business development.
- First Degree in Petroleum Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering is required
- 15+ years’ work experience as a Petroleum Engineer in the Oil and Gas industry with demonstrated Surveillance
- Production Engineering expertise in optimizing well production in large oil and gas fields.
- Leads the reservoir engineering & the production technologist functions
- Proven experience at effective reservoir management & surveillance
- Field development planning experience
- Proven experience at recommending remedial well work solutions for both deviated & horizontal wells in heterogeneous reservoirs with variable geo layer parameters: porosity, permeability, water saturation, thickness, etc.
- Experience with well testing and allocation of well test production data.
- Experience with tubing & IPR modelling and gas lift design troubleshooting.
- Experience with interpretation of cased hole production and diagnostic logs
- Desirable to have experience working in mature producing fields where finding, assimilating, and integrating data from incomplete files and variable sources can be challenging.
- Knowledge of standard petroleum engineering software such as :
- Well and Reservoir Analysis Software: OFM, Saphir ( Kappa),
- Well Inflow Performance Modelling Software: PROSPER
- General Allocation and Production Network Software: GAP
- Reservoir simulation software: Eclipse.
- Reservoir Engineering
- Production Technology
- Oil & Gas Industry Dynamics
- Project Management
- Relationship Management
- Leadership Supervisory
- Team Playing
- Oral & written Communication
- Strong exposure to good HSE
- Experience, practice and certification.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online