Helen Keller International – Founded in 1915, Helen Keller International is dedicated to saving the sight and lives of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged. We combat the causes and consequences of blindness and malnutrition by establishing programs based on evidence and research in vision, health and nutrition. We currently have more than 180 programs in 21 African and Asian countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Office Assistant
Locations: Abuja (FCT), Akwa Ibom, Benue, Katsina, Nassarawa and Taraba
Reports to: Finance and Admin Officers/HR/Admin. Associate
>>>CLICK HERE to Join JOBS IN NIGERIA & OVERSEAS Telegram Channel
- The Office Assistant is responsible for supporting the Logistics Associate in States and HR/Admin.
- Associate in Abuja in the management and maintenance of all Office assets and space. He/she shall clean the offices and runways of the office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Beginning at 6:00 AM, sweep and mop all offices; dust all furniture including, shelves, window sills, equipment, desks and tables and other areas; empty trash baskets.
- Cleans, sanitizes, and stocks restrooms and ensure that there is water permanently.
- Notifies the Finance and Admin Officers in States/HR/Admin. Associate in Abuja when repairs are needed.
- Fills out cleaning and maintenance checklists at the end of every day and submit to your supervisor.
- Locks the doors and switch off all lightnings at the end of every day.
- Follows safety rules and precautions.
- Verify copy/printing areas to assure all supplies are available and in proper order: reams of paper, staplers and staples, hole punches, paper clips (large, medium, small), document clips (large, medium, small) pens, pencils, erasers, highlighter; verify areas a second time around lunch time.
- Ensure availability of hot water, coffee, tea, milk, and sugar in the conference room during external meetings.
- Wash and put away kitchen utensils; clean refrigerator as needed.
- Remove spiders, once a week, on all the walls and ceilings.
- Assist your supervisor in the organization of meetings, seminars and trainings.
- Act as receptionist when needed. Receive and direct all incoming calls, greet visitors and notify staff of their arrival; receive and distribute external mail and faxes; and receive deliveries.
- Assist your supervisor with copying and binding of material as requested as well as handle miscellaneous administrative or clerical support to staff as requested.
- Clean glass windows as required.
- When heavy rain starts, check building for open windows; close windows in empty offices; mop office areas where water has entered.
- Identify and report office problems (ie. broken locks, water leaks, etc.) in writing to your supervisor.
- Carry out any other tasks as required.
- Experience in the organization of seminars, workshops and meetings.
- Minimum of High School/OND with at least 2 years previous cleaning and office or receptionist experience.
- Demonstrated competence in paying attention to details and quality.
- Effective interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to interact professionally with a culturally diverse staff, clients, and consultants.
- Fluent in English is essential.
- Works well independently and has strong time management skills.
- Follows written and verbal instructions.
- Collaborates with other janitors and maintenance workers as needed.
- Handles the physical demands of the job, including standing and walking for most of the day, bending, climbing, and lifting at least 20 kilograms.
Application Closing Date
13th August, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a comprehensive Resume with a Cover Letter as one MS Word document to: [email protected] using the Job Title and specifying the state you are applying for as the subject of the email.
- Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.
- There are no relocation allowances available for this position.
- In the spirit of our founder and namesake, Helen Keller is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is fully valued.
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer where all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
- We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need to request an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact us at the email above.