Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries. We save children’s lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfil their potential. Save the Children is working in Nigeria because one in five children in Nigeria dies before their fifth birthday. About 40% of children miss out on school and have to work to survive while nearly 2 million children have lost one or both parents to an AIDS-related disease.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Office Assistant
- Location: Adikpo, Benue
- Grade: 5
- Contract Length: Fixed – Term
- Level 3: the post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking / vetting process staff.
- To provide a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness throughout the Guest House, Office and provide needed office support.
- In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Scope of Role
- Reports to: HR & Administration Coordinator
Key Areas of Accountability
- Sweep and mop floors every day
- Clean and tidy the rooms occupied by guest everyday
- Always keep the guest seating tidy and clean
- Perform laundry services to guest in the guest house once a week
- Dispose dirt inside the waste basket and dustbin daily
- Use cleaning solutions to remove stains and clean surfaces.
- Mix various cleaning agents.
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
- Dust furniture and scrub surfaces clean.
- Clean and service restrooms with mops and disinfectants every hour.
- Identify and report possible repairs.
- Support in movement of heavy furniture, equipment, and supplies.
- Wash kitchen utensils and make sure the kitchen surface is always neat, clean and dry
- Ensures no plates, cups or utensils are left over the night in the kitchen sink.
- Remove cobwebs.
- Sweep the compound and office surroundings once every week
- Wet-wipe and polish all high-level shelves.
- Wet-wipe window ledges.
- Assist with photocopying and scanning of documents as directed.
- Update stock bin cards as directed.
- Assist to photocopy and scan documents are required.
- Stay at the Front Desk to attend to visitors as directed.
- Report any damage or fault noticed within the premises or on furniture, equipment and supplies to your Line Manager.
- Undertake any other duties as may be required from time to time.
- Always adhere to all company policies and procedure
- Adhoc tasks as requested by Line Manager.
- Ensure the Adikpo office is well equipped, has sufficient levels of supplies ( consumables, stationaries, equipment
- Oversee the maintenance of the office premises and guesthouses, furniture, fittings and all equipment in a fully functioning state.
- Ensure that meetings/workshop services provided to SC is efficient and effective
- Oversee the equipment and inventory in accordance with SC Global policies and Guidelines. This includes safety/security and maintenance of equipment.
Behaviours (Values in Practice)
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- Level of Education – Diploma, OND
- Desired Number of Years Prior Experience in a Similar Role – 2 – 3 years.
Experience and Skills:
- General Communication & Interpersonal Skill Level – Good
- Use of Office equipment; desktop/laptop, scanner etc. – Good
- Use of cleaning equipment and materials – Good
- Language Requirements – English – Good
Additional job responsibilities:
- The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
- The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
- We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Safeguarding our Staff:
- The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI anti-harassment policy
Health and Safety:
- The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Closing Date
14th April, 2020.