International Organization for Migration (IOM) is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental andnon-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for thebenefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Office Maintenance Assistant
Organizational Unit: Resource Management
Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term (SST) 6 months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Under the general supervision of Procurement & Logistics Officer in Lagos, and the direct supervision of the Logistics Assistant in Lagos, the incumbent will be responsible for handling office maintenance and repair work of IOM Lagos and Medical Health Assessment Centre (MHAC) Lagos.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
Particularly, the incumbent will be responsible for the following:
- Assist in the coordination of maintenance and repair works related of IOM Lagos and Medical Health Assessment Centres (MHAC) Lagos in related to office electrical, plumbing, basic generator and inverter system works, Air Conditions (ACs), basic carpentry works, and general office furniture and fixture repair works.
- Undertake standard maintenance and repair activities within incumbent’s professional capacity and advise when professional service providers are needed.
- Conduct daily checks for electrical system appliances, plumbing and general office facility fixtures; and address any noted issues.
- Routine Follow up of all maintenance and repair requests and maintain status completion record
- Maintain stock record of all basic electrical, plumbing, and other maintenance/repair supplies, regularly inspect and verify stock level.
- Raise Purchase Request for any materials and supplies needed to support the maintenance and repair work, especially when the stock level reaches the minimum level.
- Ensure all maintenance and repair tools/equipment are properly and securely stored; and keep workshop and storages clean and tidy.
- Conduct daily monitoring the electricity meter reading, generators’ diesel and water tanks supply level.
- Attend emergency maintenance call or request when needed.
- Perform other related duties as may be required.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- High School Diploma with three years of relevant experience; or Diploma in related fields from an accredited institution with one year of relevant professional experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications e.g., Word, Excel, E-mail, Outlook.
- Attention to detail, ability to organize paperwork in a methodical way.
- Detailed, client-oriented, patient and willingness to learn new things.
- Prior work experience with international humanitarian organizations, other UN agencies or INGOS in a multi-cultural setting is an advantage.
- Experience in dealing with UN policies, procedures and operations is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality is mandatory.
- Ability to work under time constraints and deadlines in challenging settings. Skills
- Electrical, Plumbing, Basic Carpentry, Masonry and Mechanical skills.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately and pay attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain integrity in performing responsibilities assigned
- Willingness to assist efficiently in a very busy project environment.
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds.
- English Language is required (Oral and Written)
- Working knowledge of the local language
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent, and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – Behavioural Indicators Level 1:
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Application Closing Date
24th November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications via email to: HRNIGERIA@iom.int using “SVN2022.155 Lagos. Office Maintenance Assistant” as the subject of the mail.
Click here to apply online
Important Information and Notice
- For the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a Cover Letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM)
- All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers, and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
- This position is open only to Nigerian National applicants and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- No Fees: IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training, or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.
- Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station and within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, confirmation of all documents, and security clearances.
- The appointment is subject to funding confirmation.
- Women with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.