The International Organization for Migration (IOM) – Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Office Maintenance Assistant (Procurement & Logistics)
Organizational Unit: Resource Management
Type of Appointment: Special Short Term (SST) 6 Months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Under the general supervision of Procurement & Logistics Officer in Abuja, the incumbent will be responsible for handling office maintenance and repair work of IOM Abuja and Medical Health Assessment Centre (MHAC) Abuja. Particularly, the incumbent will be responsible for the following
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Perform maintenance and repair works related of IOM Abuja and Medical Health Assessment Centre (MHAC) Abuja in related to office electrical, plumbing, basic generator and inverter system works, Air Conditions (ACs), basic carpentry works, and general office furniture and fixture repair works.
- Undertake standard maintenance and repair activities within incumbent’s professional capacity and advise when professional service providers are needed.
- Conduct daily checks for electrical system appliances, plumbing and general office facility fixtures; and address any noted issues.
- Follow up and take action to all maintenance and repair requests
- Maintain stock of all basic electrical, plumbing and other maintenance/repair supplies. Prepare and update online stock inventory of each items.
- Raise Purchase Request for any materials and supplies needed to support the maintenance and repair work, especially when the stock level reaches the minimum level.
- Ensure all maintenance and repair tools/equipment are properly and securely stored; and keep workshop and storages clean and tidy.
- Conduct daily monitoring the electricity meter reading, generators’ diesel and water tanks supply level.
- Attend emergency maintenance call or request outside the working hours including weekend and public holiday.
- Perform other related duties as may be required
Required Qualifications and Experience
- High School Degree from an accredited academic institution in Office Maintenance, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with 3 years of relevant experience in Office Maintenance. Or Diploma in the above fields with 1 year of relevant working experience with specific focus in Maintenance.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, E-mail, Outlook;
- Attention to detail, ability to organize paperwork in a methodical way;
- Discreet, details and clients-oriented, patient and willingness to learn new things; and,
- Prior work experience with international humanitarian organizations, non-government or government institutions/organization in a multi-cultural setting is an advantage.
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of the local language.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent, and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1:
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge, and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
Application Closing Date
28th November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications via email to: HRNIGERIA@iom.int using “SVN2022.156 Lagos. Information, Communications and Technology Assistant G5” as the subject of the mail.
Click here to apply online
Important Information and Notice
- In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM) and with a subject line SVN2022.158 Abuja, Nigeria. Office Maintenance Assistant (Procurement & Logistics) SST.
- All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers, and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
- Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Failure to use the above SVN in your email subject will result to disqualification.
- IOM does not charge a fee or hire agents at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, training, visa or other fees). IOM is hiring candidates only through its Human Resources Unit”.
- IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- This is a national position and only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance will be considered.