Oasis Africa Consulting Limited – Our client, an independent Power plant construction company, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Oil and Gas Mechanical Designer
Location: Jakande-Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Mechanical Designer works with a multidisciplinary team which includes developing concepts and taking them from initial design and prototyping through to development.
- The successful candidate will be required to work closely with engineers to design and manufacture engineering drawings such as turbines, foundations, motors and heat exchangers, as well as auxiliary systems to support the overall architecture of various designs; and will be responsible for creating and maintaining 3D models, assemblies and fabrication drawings using 3D CAD packages such as SolidWorks.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluates mechanical and electromechanical systems by designing and conducting research programs, and by applying principles of mechanics, thermodynamics, hydraulics, heat transfer and materials engineering. ·
- Undertake industrial Designs, parts, components and assemblies to meet requirements of assigned projects.
- Creates CAD models, including part and assembly drawings, Bill of Materials (BOMs).
- Works with senior and fellow engineers abroad to develop alternatives and options for further development of projects.
- Provides technical and engineering support for day-to-day processing, product development and process improvements.
- Confirms system and product capabilities by designing feasibility and testing methods and properties. · Develops oil and gas, power and manufacturing processes by designing and modifying equipment for fabricating, building, assembling and installing components.
- Assures system and product quality by designing testing methods, testing finished product and system capabilities, and confirming fabrication, assembly and installation processes.
- Prepare reports by collecting, analysing and summarizing information and trends.
- Participates in technical reviews of requirements, specifications, designs and codes.
- Bachelor of Science or Engineering Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Strong knowledge of CAD modeling, drawings and machine design with experience in design analyses. Strong knowledge with SolidWorks, Ceaser II, PV Elite, Aveva
- Hands-on experience and understanding of oil and gas engineering mega project design.
- Experience with CAM software is a plus ·
- Hands on experience with bearings design, turbo-machinery and heat exchangers is a plus
- Hands-on and can-do attitude
- Willingness to take on non-traditional tasks, roles, responsibilities and challenges needed to accomplish company goals and objectives
Pay is competitive.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online