Adexen is a global Human Resources Company providing business services in Europe and Africa. We support companies in all industries in the fields of HR, Legal, Finance, Sales & Marketing, Engineering and Supply chain. We know how important people are to business. We also think that “People are the future of Africa” We understand what is needed to match highly skilled professionals with companies operating in Africa at highest standards.
Job Title: Oil & Gas Trading Operator
About the job
- Adexen was mandated by an international oil distribution, logistics and trading company to recruit a french speaking Oil & Gas trading operator. The position is based in Lagos, Nigeria.
- Report to the Trading Operation Manager based in Geneva
- Execute commercial and shipping operations
- Operate LR/MR for gasoline and gasoil cargoes sourced out of Europe, USA, South Asia, for delivery into West Africa, and scheduling its STS line ups offshore Lomé for further deliveries to local players, or affiliated companies in sub-region.
- Handle complex loadings and blendings of condensate and cargoes out of Nigeria or other countries
- Lifting of crude cargoes out Nigeria or other countries
- Operate yearly term contracts of Jet A1 for further deliveries into Med or in to US as exploiting arbitrage opportunities.
- Challenge and review the existing internal processes
- Shrewdly improve the contractual wording and set up templates agreements to avoid disputes or potential litigation
- Construct and issue commercial contracts and its amendment negotiations for all transactions.
- Appoint and liaise with shipping agents, independent inspectors, STS providers…
- Provide documentary instructions to contract suppliers, issue vessels voyage orders and LOI to ship owners.
- Handle presentation of Cargo documentations under PPPRA and DPR
- Manage quality and quantity issues and any general problems that arose on cargoes – Make claims to underwriters accordingly
- Coordinate and communicate effectively with traders, affiliates, chartering, finance, demurrage, accounts and legal departments and Management
- Control storage positions, sales by trucks and monthly stock reconciliation mainly in WAF
- Organize and maintain good contractual and shipping files
- Ensure strong control framework by implementing and maintaining in Excel all post operation activities
- Check and approve logistic/shipping invoices from storage companies, agents, inspectors and other counterparties
- Monitor trades P&L, and all costs such as disbursement accounts, inspection, claims and re-invoicing.
- Ensure that revenues are maximized, payments secured and all claims documented.
- Negotiate discounts on a global basis with service providers such as agents, inspectors, STS companies.
- Bachelor/Master degree (Engineering, Business School or equivalent) with an experience multi-tasking in a very fast-paced environment.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the field of trading, energy, logistics or shipping demonstrating a real curiosity and passion for the energy-trading world.
- A previous experience in emerging countries/ Nigeria is a plus
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills, solid negotiation skills, solution-oriented attitude, collaborative mind-set, proactivity.
- Ability to seize the big picture perspective.
- Strong sense of accountability.
- Good analytical skills, good command of IT tools
- Fluent in French
Deadline: Not Stated