Jumia is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa. It is built around a marketplace, Jumia Logistics, and JumiaPay. The marketplace helps millions of consumers and sellers to connect and transact. Jumia Logistics enables the delivery of millions of packages through our network of local partners. JumiaPay facilitates the payments of online transactions for Jumia’s ecosystem. With over 1 billion people and 500 million internet users in Africa, Jumia believes that e-commerce is making people’s lives easier by helping them shop and pay for millions of products at the best prices wherever they live. E-commerce is also creating new opportunities for SMEs to grow, and job opportunities for a new generation to thrive.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact in Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: On – Demand Service Logistics Manager – Jumia
Employment Type: Full time
- As Head of Logistics for OnDemand Service, you will be responsible for the end-to-end logistics operations of one of the fasters growing businesses in Jumia.
- You will interface with commercial and vendor operations, managing stakeholders by communicating key performance indices and reports to drive a highly efficient execution of our ODS logistics.
- Design new processes, optimize existing ones for smooth functioning of logistics.
- Implementation of central SOPs/ Policies across the country without exceptions
- Responsible of country’s 3PL/ DA Happiness, Attrition rate and compliance
- Establish cross functional alignment and escalation mechanisms for alignment of common vision.
- Collect feedback from all stakeholders and make processes more scalable.
- Coordinate with country and central leadership teams for expansion, special projects and new initiatives
- Provide periodic update to management on projects and performance.
- Build expertise on logistics tools and systems used.
- Coach team on processes and tech tools and be informed on the update.
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree, MBA is a plus
- 5-8 years of experience in On-Demand/ ecommerce logistics
- Comfortable working with large amounts of data and analyses insights.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, work on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online