Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited) is a leading telecommunications services provider in Nigeria headquartered in Lagos, the commercial nerve-centre of Nigeria. The telco ranks amongst the top four mobile service providers in terms of subscribers with a customer base of more than 39.8 million. The company’s product offerings include 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce and enterprise services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Optical Fiber Transport Design Manager
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full-time
Purpose of the Job
- This function is responsible for conducting fiber optic detailed network design for intercity National, metro IPRAN , last mile fiber-based networks or Fiber to the Home projects(FTTH) to sites and locations.
- Ensure the delivery of the highest quality of optical fibre network.
- Ensure resilient fibre network architecture.
- Ensure proper traffic dimensioning and capacity management on the Fibre network (Intercity/Metro).
- Innovative cost-efficient design to meet Network needs.
- Produce HLD and LLD designs for review of optical fibre plans by concerned team (Deployment, Operations et al) and facilitate the seam-less implementation of optical fibre projects.
- Provide periodic support to project delivery and Operations team.
- Initiate and attend project meetings with relevant stakeholders (government officials, business partners, etc) on the behalf of the company.
- Maintain up to date optical fibre database, in both soft and hard copies.
- Provide analysis to guide Capex and Opex investment in Regional Transmission environment.
- Maintain accurate records of Managed Capacity commitments.
- Regular submission of fiber report to internal stakeholders and NCC.
- Always maintain high team harmony and engagement.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree or any related Degree
- Excellent knowledge of ITU-R and ITU-T recommendation on Transmission
- Analytical skills
- Minimum of 7 years’ working experience
- Minimum of 1 year managerial experience
- Experience in a Telecommunication environment is mandatory
- Experience of engagement with Government Officials is mandatory
Skills & Competencies:
- Personal Integrity
- Good interpersonal relationship
- Ability to work under pressure
- Personal tenacity to succeed
- Personal organizational skills
- Effective communication skills
- Time management skills
- Motivational skills
- Good project management knowledge.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We therefore do not discriminate against applicants based on, among others, their race, disability, religion or gender. All employment opportunities are decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.