TTC commenced operation in 2003 as TTC organization and was later, in 2007, registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission as TTC Mobile Limited. We are in the business of manpower development for the telecom industry, via delivery of practical telecom training. We have over 10 years corporate experience in training delivery.
Aside our regular corporate training for companies, and retail training for fresh graduates, TTC Mobile has successfully deployed various grass-root-oriented trainings programs like FREE IT Training(2003), National Youth Development Program(2005), National ICT Summit(2007), National Telecom Scholarship (annually, since 2008). In 2010, we were selected as training partner to the federal government’s Presidential Amnesty Program, which implementation commenced in November 2010; We completed this training project in 2011.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: OSP Planning and Design Technician
Locations: Abuja and Lagos
- Site Survey and Design
- Conduct Site surveys for study and planning of new FTTH deployment.
- Team Lead, Planning and Design, Wireline
- OSP Planning and Design Technician
- Prepare Low Level Design of Civil and Fiber Infrastructure for Optical Distribution Network (ODN) deployment to cover future demands. FTTH Optical Distribution Network (ODN) planning, Cost estimation, Route Selection, fiber Management and Fiber Link Power Budgeting.
- Prepare detailed FTTH design drawings including duct layouts and cabling layouts. Preparation of BoM for FTTH OSP projects. Preparation of High Level project scope description. Preparation of fiber cabling plan and splice plans for FTTH projects.
- Review of as-built drawings with FTTH roll-out team to ensure conformity with original design. Planning and site selection of Central Offices (CO) Design of Central Offices’ civil and fiber infrastructure.
- Project Related Activities Pre-project discussions and co-ordination with FTTH roll-out team and OSP vendors. Joint site walk-throughs with OSP Supervisor and contractor after kickoff meetings. Conduct joint surveys with project team to resolve variation and change in scope issues.
- Revise designs and BOMs and send in the documents for variation or scope change approval.
- Accuracy of planning and design.
- Accuracy of OSP design (measured by level of modification by Team lead required on the design before final submission to Head, Network Services Business Unit).
- Accuracy of Bill of Materials within tolerance limits.
- The percentage of time site surveys are done within schedule without un-necessary re-visits.
- Accuracy of High level Descriptions (measured by level of modification required after submission to Team Lead)
- Accuracy of Fibre Splice Plans
Educational Qualifications & Functional Skills
- HND in Electrical / Electronics / Computer Engineering / Computer Science, Information Systems. However, field experience for Non- science or engineering backgrounds can be considered.
- Experience using CAD (Autocad, Visio) and Microsoft office software.
- Excellent communication skill.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Prioritizing work.
- Generating & maintaining accurate records.
- Outside Plant Fibre experience – site surveys, fibre laying, splicing, termination, troubleshooting.
- Ability to use fibre tools e.g optical power metre, light source and OTDR.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] with Job Title as the subject of the email.