TTC commenced operation in 2003 as TTC organization and was later, in 2007, registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission as TTC Mobile Limited. We are in the business of manpower development for the telecom industry, via delivery of practical telecom training. We have over 10 years corporate experience in training delivery.
Aside our regular corporate training for companies, and retail training for fresh graduates, TTC Mobile has successfully deployed various grass-root-oriented trainings programs like FREE IT Training(2003), National Youth Development Program(2005), National ICT Summit(2007), National Telecom Scholarship (annually, since 2008). In 2010, we were selected as training partner to the federal government’s Presidential Amnesty Program, which implementation commenced in November 2010; We completed this training project in 2011.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: OSP Technician
- Location: Lagos
- Department: Engineering, Projects Office
- Effectively supervise out-side-plant projects, namely: High Streets, Estates and BB Extensions intMTU/MDU.
- Comply with all project execution procedure, namely;
- Proper studies of project award documents (Design Plan, BOM, Splice Plan, Link Budget Calculator, and HLDesc) immediately after you receive project assignment order.
- Ensure project kick off meeting happens nmore than 48hrs after project is assigned tyou and that contractor SUBMITS program of work immediately after.
- Prepare a project material list and confirm all required project materials is available in store long before the material is actually needed on site.
- Escalate unavailable materials tyour Team Lead for immediate procurement action.
- Confirm all network backend connections/resources are available and active for link commissioning long before the project reaches the commissioning phase.
- Escalate backend connection issues that may delay link commissioning to your Team Leadvfor immediate action long before the commissioning phase.
- Distribute notification letters tresidents of project location/streets at least a week before project civil works commences.
- Facilitate meeting with Estate Manager & Contractor tagree on work method before Estate civil works commences. Alsensure Estate Manager notifies residents about the project before civil works starts.
- Review quality of materials supplied tsite by contractor (e.g. PVC, HDPE, GI pipes, e.t.c) and ensure they meet required standards. Reject sub-standard materials and escalate back to your Team Lead.
- Observe quality of civil and cabling works (handhole, Trench depth, cabling process, splicing and splice management, special surface excavation and replacement, e.t.c) and ensure they meet company standards. Stop sub-standard works and escalate back tyour Team Lead.
- Effectively monitor projects tensure contractor compliance with design scope (approved quantity), program of work (agreed resource/time) and work method (approved quality).
- Team Lead will measure your performance on effective project monitoring by tracking your compliance ti. Daily Work SMS submissions, ii. Weekly project update reporting, iii.Attendance in weekly project meetings, iv. Accurate & Timely red-line drawing submission, Accurate & Timely Splice-MST report submission.
- Variations tdesign and scope plans MUST be escalated back tthe office and approved before they are implemented on site.
- Troubleshoot, Analyze, Identify & Resolve faults that may delay link commissioning.
- Submit Accurate Splice-MST report sheet and Accurate Red line Drawings 48hrs after project completion.
- Actively participate in the audit exercise of completed projects and ensure project snags are cleared before Audit.
- Provide support tthe engineering team where necessary and as defined by the Head of Projects or your Team Lead.
Key Performance Indicators (KPI):
- Project Delivery & Quality Assurance: Contractor compliance with work scope, work plan and work method.
- Reporting: Timely submission of reports (Daily work SMS, Weekly project updates, Splice-MST sheets, Quality Checklist, Red Line Drawings).
- Documentation: i. Accuracy of Splice-MST Sheets. ii. Accuracy of Red Line Drawings.
- Problem Solving: i. Effective problem solving skills, ii. Ability tmanage & resolve challenges on site e.g. access issue, fibre and MST connection issues, negotiation skills with construction
- companies/local communities/”area boys”/regulatory authorities/other service operators (PHCN, PTOs, Water board, Gas Companies, e.t.c.).
- B.Sc in Politic, B.Sc. or HND in Electrical / Electronic Engineering, Physics, Project Management, Applied Sciences/ any other related discipline.
- Over 2 Years OSP Supervision Experience.
- Knowledge of major fibre routes across Nigeria, especially in Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt Metro.
Skills Knowledge Personal Attributes:
- Proficient use of fiber test tools e.g. OTDR, power meter & Light source, VFL.
- Proficient in the use of design softwares e.g. AutoCAD, Visietc
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Power point, Projects and email application.
- Excellent Communication Skills (Written & Oral).
- Certifications in Fibre Optic Cabling, CCNA and A+ will be an added advantage.
- Certifications in HSE Grade III will be an added advantage.
- Over 2 years of sound OSP Supervision experience in a Telecoms firm.
- Understanding of fibre terminologies, fiber cable management, and fiber link power budgeting.
- Understanding of FTTH architecture and PON/GPON Networks.
- Understanding and accurate interpretation of Design drawing and As- Built drawings for fibre networks.
- A Goal getter and team player.
- Able twork under pressure & meet deadlines with little supervision.
- Excellent people skills and street smart.
- Open tlearning and willingness tshare knowledge & experience with team members.
- Able tmanage/supervise fibre civil works, reduce tension on site and motivate labourers/contractor personnel taccomplish assigned
- project task.
- Neat, articulate and respectful.
- Directly Reports to: Team Lead, Projects and Head of Projects.
- Directly Supervises: Project Contractor
- Status: Outsourced
- Work Schedule: 8-5
- Travel Requirements: Occasional
- Supervisory Responsilities: No
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] and subject should be the “Job title and location” as well.