Marriott International is a leading global Lodging company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 4,100 properties in 79 countries and reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in fiscal year 2014. Its heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, D.C., in 1927 by J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott.
Marriott has more than 361,000 people working worldwide at managed or franchised properties and corporate offices. Marriott has been consistently recognized as a top employer and for its superior business ethics. The company also manages the award-winning guest loyalty program, Marriott Rewards® and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® program, which together surpass 49M members.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Pastry Sous Chef
Job Number: 21100546
Job Category: Food and Beverage & Culinary
Brand: Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type: Non-Management
- Prepare ingredients for cooking, including portioning, chopping, and storing food. Pull food from freezer storage to thaw in the refrigerator.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes or personal judgment.
- Prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards, and food preparation checklist.
- Monitor food quality while preparing food. Test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling, or piercing them with utensils.
- Ensure proper portion, arrangement, and food garnish to be served. Serve food in proper portions onto proper receptacle.
- Use kitchen tools safely and appropriately.
- Wash and disinfect kitchen area, tables, tools, knives, and equipment.
- Check and ensure the correctness of the temperature of appliances and food. Notify manager if a product does not meet specifications.
- Communicate any assistance needed during busy periods.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report maintenance needs, accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards. Speak with others using clear and professional language.
- Support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
- Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards. Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture.
- We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.