SPIE Oil & Gas Services (part of the SPIE Group) provides a complete range of services to some of the world’s largest oil and gas companies through its network of offices in 25 countries across Africa, the Middle-East and Asia-Pacific.
Our turnover has more than doubled in the last few years thanks to the dedication of our 4,000 employees to whom we give training, recognition, and genuine opportunities for career development. In order to support this growth, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is always seeking talented individuals to join its teams.
We are recruiting for the position below:
Job Title: PLC Technician
Location: Nigeria (ERHA FPSO)
Contractual hours: Full time
Contract type: Permanent contract
Employee Status: Employee
- PLC technician reports to and supports the ICSS Supervisor onboard.
- Responsible for troubleshooting, data & program back-ups, installing inhibitions (defeats) & removing inhibitions (defeats) where required due to planned or corrective maintenance activities and to ensure the continued operation of the DCS system and facility.
- Assists ICSS supervisor with engineering updates & / or code correctives.
- Provides assistance to operations and maintenance teams during troubleshooting through simulations, control loops and feedback.
- Higher National Diploma or higher qualification in Electrical / Instrumentation & Control Engineering.
- Minimum of 6 years experience in the maintenance field on offshore oil and gas installations.
- Experience in PLC, Allen Bradley, Siemens, ladder logic systems etc. plus related communication interfaces, protocols and Human Machine Interfaces (HMI) – and all Machine Monitoring Systems (Bentley Nevada) including GE System 1.
- Documented training in Instrumentation & Controls.
- OSP ID
- English (D-Full professional proficiency)
What Can We Offer You?
- We offer a variety of stimulating and evolving experiences: exciting projects, learning from professionals and immersed in international culture.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online