United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Polio and RI Data Consultant
>>>CLICK HERE to Join JOBS IN NIGERIA & OVERSEAS Telegram Channel
Job No: 547599
Locations: Kaduna, Jigawa, Katsina, Borno, Yobe, Sokoto, Bauchi, Kano, Port Harcourt – Rivers, Enugu and Akure – Ondo
Contract Type: Consultancy
Purpose of Activity / Assignment
- Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Field Office (CFO), delegated co-supervision of Immunization/Health specialist and C4D specialist at the field office level and functional supervision of Information Management Specialist in the Health Section, the data consultants will contribute to and play a key role in the identification, collection, quality assurance, monitoring and analysis of Immunization and Polio data including outbreak responses (OBRS), Supplemental Immunisation Days (SIAs) and in between round activities across the state(s) of assignment.
- Data consultants will ensure timely collection, quality assurance, compilation and sharing of data generated by over 18,500 Volunteer Community Mobilizers (VCM) and other social mobilisation network on key social mobilisation and immunisation indicators particularly related to outbreak response (OBRs) and SIAs (Supplemental Immunisation Activities).
- They will implement relevant SOPs, guidance notes and coordinate capacity development activities. Data consultants covering more than one state, will divide their work time equitably and based on discussion and agreement of relevant health manager and/or health specialist.
Key Objectives of the Consultancy
- To sustain historic gains and break the cVDPV2 transmission, UNICEF has been supporting the Government of Nigeria in its OBRs as the lead social and behaviour change partner. UNICEF is providing social mobilisation support including by deploying over 18,500 strong VCM network across the polio high risk and low RI coverage states.
- The VCM network ensures caregivers and community gatekeepers are aware of polio risks, benefits of vaccines, new-borns vaccination with zero dose oral polio vaccines, community-based AFP surveillance, tracking of defaulters, missed and non-compliance and vaccination and strengthens routine immunization, particularly in the 12 polio high-risk states and UNICEF field offices.
- The data consultants will ensure the timely collection, quality assurance and sharing of the vital information on key social mobilisation and immunisation indicators including during OBRs, SIAs and in-between rounds, collected by the VCM network and will enable evidence-based planning and decision making by ensuring relevant, reliable, and timely information when and where required.
- They will support the state team with the analysis, visualization and sharing of information critical for timely and evidence-based planning and decision making and provide appropriate support to the State Emergency Operation Center (SEOC), State Emergency Routine Immunization Coordination Center (SERICC), State Emergency Maternal and Child Health Intervention Centre (SEMCHIC), WHO and other partners when required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Social Sciences or any relevant Bachelor’s Degree with related work experience.
- At least three years of experience in Information management, analytics, data visualization, Statistics or M&E preferably in a public health setting.
- Experience working with Open Data Kit (ODK).
- Advance knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with SQL, ArcGIS/QGIS/Open Street mapping.
- Knowledge of Python and a front-end development framework.
- Familiarity with Kibana, Power BI or Tableau.
- Working experience in UN or other international development organization.
- Familiarity with emergency responses.
For Every Child, You Demonstrate
- UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA).
Application Closing Date
24th January, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.