Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Private Sector Engagement Consultant
- The purpose of this role is to increase the number of private sector corporations and individuals collaborating (through funding and/or shared value approach) with Plan International Nigeria for the rights of children and girls.
The Consultant will carry out the following activities:
- Carry out private sector mapping for opportunities, and recommend corporations and high net-worth individuals for engagement.
- Identify the top ten large business organizations with corporate social responsibility budget, assess strategies, mutual interests and make a fundraising ask.
- Facilitate the engagement of influential philanthropists for funding and non-financial support.
- Explore opportunities to engage with the innovation hub and businesses with the aim of developing innovative solutions on issues affecting children and girls.
- Identify and introduce Plan International Nigeria to private sector virtual and physical platforms for visibility, awareness and support.
- Identify business and government events to attend/participate in, to increase awareness on Plan brand and purpose/ambition.
- Co-create a joint plan for partnership/type of engagement with the most relevant corporation/s.
- Identify and engage corporate organizations interested in shared value partnership for access to donor funding.
- Develop marketing materials, concept notes, strategic documents, as well as briefs and video clips on the different ways Plan International Nigeria engages with the private sector and what private sector can expect from Plan International Nigeria.
- Liaise with communications team to develop content and share regularly through social media and other channels key messages on children and girls’ rights and their issues and how the private sector can engage.
- Conduct workshops on private sector engagement for Plan International Nigeria staff to better understand and commit to private sector engagement and opportunities.
- Hold monthly meetings with senior leadership team of Plan International Nigeria for review of operations and strategic decision making.
- Participate in Country Leadership Team quarterly meeting of Plan International Nigeria to exchange experiences, share lessons learned, opportunities, and cultivate team support.
- Effectively and efficiently manage the operations of the Lagos Liaison office with the supervision of the Partnership Advocacy and Resource Mobilization Manager.
- Document and share learnings and challenges resulting from engaging with the private sector
- Advanced Degree in Marketing, Communications, Corporate Social Responsibility, Economics, Business, International Relations, Social Science, Political Science, or other related field.
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant professional experience managing public-private sector engagement and partnership.
- At least three years’ experience in the private, non-profit or public sectors – on issues related to international development, private sector development, or another international development technical area (i.e. agriculture, climate change, education, health).
- Experience in developing partnerships in the context of international development, including identifying partnership opportunities, brokering and cultivating relationships, designing partnership arrangements, facilitating partner negotiations, and formalizing partnership deal structures.
- Private sector experience, ideally including work on issues related to the intersection of business and international development, marketing communications, corporate social responsibility.
- Demonstrated ability to engage at senior levels in business and development sector contexts, and to build trust-based relationships with senior-level executives.
- Evidence of private sector engagement and resource mobilization for non-profits.
- Experience working with stakeholders across the public, private and nonprofit sectors, and an existing network of contacts to draw upon with respect to public-private partnerships for development.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Plan International Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disabilities.
- Plan International Nigeria is fully committed to child protection to prevent children from all forms of abuse.
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.