The OPEC Fund for International Development is a multilateral development finance institution established in 1976. Our 12 Member Countries are: Algeria, Ecuador, Gabon, Indonesia, the Islamic Republic of Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, and the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Assistant
Location: Austria (AT)
- The incumbent implements operational and associated procurement processes of goods, works and services for the OPEC Fund including the process of purchase orders, by following established procedures, all in accordance with the procurement manual and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviews and processes purchase requisitions and obtain additional information and documentation as required
- Prepares purchase orders for supplies, and ensures the timely and efficient procurement thereof.
Supplier Performance Review:
- Assists in monitoring the performance of suppliers with respect to the quality and timely delivery of goods, works and services, as well as updating the Vendors’ List.
- Maintains proactive communications with suppliers of goods, works and services to ensure continued service quality and product specifications.
- Maintains a register of prequalified suppliers.
- Supports the functioning of the OPEC Fund’s Procurement Evaluation Committees.
- Provides input with regards to the development of bidding documents and receipt of quotations, bids and evaluations.
- Keeps an up-to-date inventory of all the OPEC Fund’s equipment and assets.
- Assists business units in the preparation of specifications, terms of reference and scope of work.
- Maintains procurement database, archive records and files, as well as keeps track of contractual agreements.
- Performs other duties as required by supervisor
Data Collection & Analysis:
- Produces accurate reports for others by collecting data from a variety of standard sources and inputting it into standard formats
Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree in Business Administration, Economics or other Social Sciences.
- A professional (full or part) qualification, such as CIPS will be an added advantage
- Experience working in an international organization / large company
- A minimum of 5 years relevant professional experience (procurement and administrative matters).
- Fluent in English. Good working knowledge of either French, Arabic, German or Spanish is an added advantage.
- Skilled in Word, Excel and Power Point and SAP MM module
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals.
- Ability to work in an international multi-cultural environment, with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- High standards of integrity, discretion and loyalty.
- Good interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
- Conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online