The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme contributes to peace and development through volunteerism worldwide. We work with partners to integrate qualified, highly motivated and well supported UN Volunteers into development programming and promote the value and global recognition of volunteerism. UNV is administered by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and reports to the UNDP/UNFPA/UNOPS Executive Board.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Procurement Associate
VMAM Code: NGAR000182-10592
Host Entity: UNDP
Expected Starting Date: 15 September 2021
Duration: 12 months with possiblity of extension
Description of Task
- As the project enters into the midterm in which huge procurements are necessary, the NCE unit would like to recruit a procurement officer to assist with the huge procurement that is being anticipated. The Procurement Officer is responsible for the procurement management of the GEF-UNDP Sound Management & Disposal of PCBs in Nigeria project being implemented by the Federal Ministry of Environment, Department of Pollution Control and Environmental Health S/he will provide support to PCB PMU in managing the procurement requirements of works, professional services, and equipments in accordance with the UNDP requirements. The Procurement Officer will work under the direct supervision of, and be accountable to the Team Leader, Nature, Climate Change and Energy Unit.
In Particular, S/he will:
- Prepare a detailed procurement plan in line with the directives of proposed and approved AWPBs, in consultation with the GEF-UNDP PCB Project Coordinator and the Nature, Climate Change & Energy Team.
- Draft bidding documents; prepare bill of quantities and scope of work of the planned work constructions, professional services, and equipment procurements, in accordance with the UNDP requirements.
- Assist with the preparation of request for proposals (RFP), request for quotations (RFQ), Standard Bidding Documents, minutes of bid/proposal conferences, and negotiation meetings; issuing of bidding documents, issuing of request for clarification.
- Prepare and publish bidding announcements following the Service Center clearance.
- Receive, open, screen, log and date stamps bid responses/quotations, mail as required and organize bids for review by the respective project expert.
- Take part into the tender evaluation committee works, including drafting the tender selection/ evaluation forms, announcing tender results, and preparing the procurement provisions that will be included in the contracts.
- Review periodically the implementation of the works that shall be in compliance with the procurement provisions, in close collaboration with PCB Coordinator and the Programme Manager at the country office.
- Organize and maintain computerized records containing vendor and bid information.
- Process requisitions into purchase orders using the UNDP Atlas platform
- Correspond with vendors regarding prices, product availability, and delivery.
- Respond to inquiries from PMU staff regarding requisitions, purchase orders, contracts and pricing information.
- Take part into the provisional and final acceptance works including the preparation of the respective committees and the acceptance of the works/professional services/equipment delivered.
- Monitor, in consultation with the Procurement Analyst at the Service Center to ensure conformity UNDP procurement rules.
- Assist with the preparation of advertisements and procurement notices and arrange to have these published both locally and internationally.
- Organize and coordinate bid opening and bid evaluation processes through the preparation of bid opening documents and minutes, and the preparation of evaluation reports and proposals to the CAP committee
Qualifications / Requirements
Required Degree Level:
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent
Educational Additional Comments:
- A Degree in Business Administration, Management, Finance, or a relevant field is required.
- An advance Degree would be an added advantage
- 60 Months
- Minimum 2 years of relevant professional experience with a Master’s degree or 4 years of relevant professional experience with a Bachelor’s degree.
- 3-5 years of experience continuous implementation of procurement procedures with big organizations/firms.
- Extensive knowledge of procurement & asset management processes
- Excellent computer skills, in particular mastery of all applications of the MS Office package;
- Excellent written communication skills; and
- Ability to carry out tasks independently.
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Area of Expertise:
- Procurement and contracting
Area of Expertise Details:
- Extensive knowledge of procurement & asset management process
- Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Creativity, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Self-Management, Working in Teams.
Application Closing Date
20th September, 2021.