International Organization for Migration (IOM) is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental andnon-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for thebenefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement & Logistics Assistant
>>>CLICK HERE to Join JOBS IN NIGERIA & OVERSEAS Telegram Channel
CFCN No. : SVN2021.79
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Organization Unit: Resource Management
IOM Classification: G4
Type of Appointment: Special Short Term (SST) 6 Months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Slots: 2 Openings
- Working under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and the direct supervision of the Procurement/logistics Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for carrying out procurement and logistics functions in accordance with IOM’s regulations, rules, and procedures.
- In particular, s/he is responsible as a Team Leader of the Procurement and Logistics Unit in their performance of variety of duties.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Follow local procurement procedures and IOM’s procurement policy and other related regulations and procedures.
- Provide support, advice, and assistance in procurement of goods/services for the Mission.
Undertake the day-to-day operation of the following services:
- Receive Purchase Request Form (PRF) and verify that all necessary information concerning specifications, justifications, WBS and expected delivery dates are correct.
- Identify potential vendor and issues Request for Quotations (RFQ).
- Assist with the evaluation and comparison of the quotations on Bid Analyses Sheet (BAS); and recommend to the relevant requester. Award orders to the selected vendors who can meet the specification at their best offer.
- Prepare Purchase Order (PO) inclusive necessary information on asset codes, specifications, quantity, prices, delivery dates, payments, and vendor contact details.
- Receive and inspect goods/services according to PO specifications and that all goods are in good condition; and assist onward delivery to destination as required.
- Ensure all related supporting document are complete and verified.
- Prepare Payment Request. Submit and follow up with finance.
- Obtain approvals as required by the matrix.
- Properly record and indicate the above process in PRISM as required.
- Make copies of procurement and logistics documents.
- Follow up purchase orders status and keep requester informed of estimated time of delivery or any changes that may affect or modify the pre-determined delivery condition.
- Perform other related duties as may be required.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Procurement and Logistics, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with 2 years of relevant experience or High School Diploma in the above fields with 4 years of relevant working experience with specific focus on logistics and procurement in medium-large scale complex emergencies and inventory stock / supply chain management.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the different elements of the supply chain in humanitarian context.
- Previous experience in conflict affected areas/natural disaster areas with limited infrastructure.
- Ability to work under time constraints and deadlines in challenging settings.
- Ability to work in multicultural and multi-ethnic environments.
- Analytical, communication, interpersonal and advocacy skills.
- Fluency in English and working knowledge the local language.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1:
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action-oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge, and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- This is a national position and only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment.
Application Closing Date
Tuesday, 9th November, 2021.
Important Information and Notice
- In order for the applications to be considered valid, IOM only accepts applications with a Cover Letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for application, addressed to “Human Resources, International Organization for Migration (IOM)” and with a subject line “SVN2021.79 Maiduguri, Nigeria. Procurement & Logistics Assistant G4”.
- All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers, and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Failure to use the above SVN in your email subject will result to disqualification.