Dominion Consulting Nigeria is an established Management Consulting, HR and Accounting company in Nigeria and the USA with a commitment to growing and expanding businesses in Africa and around the world. We help empower people and businesses alike on a global basis, through the provision of optimally tailored solutions that are targeted to business excellence.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Procurement Officer is primarily responsible for the asset inventory. Under the supervision of the Finance Manager, the Procurement Officer has the responsibility for the management of the daily procurement activities in the School from the request to the delivery of goods, works, and services.
- Assist in the selection of appropriate suppliers and contractors, to promote good procurement practice with due regard to sustainability, ethical purchasing standards, and costing
- Draft an appropriate service level agreement to properly evaluate the performance of suppliers, and report on this on a regular basis
- Work with internal stakeholders (teachers or operations staff) to determine procurement needs, quality, and delivery requirements
- Responsible for order placement timing, supply/demand alignment, material replenishment, and supplier performance
- Monitor, evaluate and improve supplier performance, according to an appropriate Service Level Agreement, on a continuous basis
- Control and monitor expenses against approved budgets
- Develop sourcing strategies
- Cost-saving budgeting and targeting
- Set and plan how to achieve supplier accreditation and service level management
- Payment terms negotiation, optimization, and management
- Maintain contracts with vendors
- Review inventory and update as required
- Receive orders from various departments
- Initiate and keep track of orders
- Receive, inspect and distribute orders
- Reconcile or resolve order discrepancies with supplies
- Monitor delivery times to ensure they are on time
- Maintain good relationships with suppliers and renegotiate prices on a regular basis
- Coordinate annual overseas orders
- Keep daily records
- Bar code assets and update asset register
- Annual asset stocktake
- Accounts to be submitted for payment to vendors.
- Basic level qualification is essential
- 2 – 5 years work experience
- Previous experience as a Procurement Officer, or similar role
- Computer literacy qualification is essential.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Mature, empathetic and professional
- Independent self-starter with attention to detail
- Possesses integrity and ability to maintain accurate and confidential records
- Able to collaborate with and motivate others
- Fluency in the Hausa Language
- Ability to organize workload, adapt quickly to change and deliver under the pressure of deadlines.
N50,000 – N60,000 Monthly.
Application Closing Date
15th September, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV, Passport Photograph, Credentials to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Qualified and shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview via email and SMS text.