Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organisation (WEWE) is a not – for – profit, Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) that was founded in 2004 by Josephine Ogazi and Joseph Egwuonwu. WEWE started out as a Community Based Organisation (CBO) with the aim of providing scholarships and economic empowerment to orphans and widows in Okigwe, Imo State and has since expanded its aims and objectives. WEWE is registered as a national NGO with CAC under incorporated trustees and its registration number is CAC/IT/NO33132.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Volunteer
- Location: Abuja
- The Rivers State Surge Project is being implemented by the Institute of Human Virology of Nigeria (IHVN) in Rivers State. Funding for this project is from the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDs Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Government Agency overseeing the project is the US Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Key Duties & Responsibilities
Provide support in the following:
- Carry out daily procurement activities
- Full compliance of procurement activities with WEWE rules, regulations, policies and strategies;
- Support preparation of procurement plans and their implementation /monitoring;
- Organize procurement meeting processes including preparation and conduct of RFQs or RFPs, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals.
- Raise Purchase Request form for all request
- Ensure that the products and supplies are high quality
- Work with procurement team members to complete duties as needed
- Review and analyze all vendors/suppliers, supply, and price options
- Create and maintain good relationships with vendors/suppliers
- Maintain records of vendors database, and other important data
- Assist in inventory tracking and update
- Assist in administrative activities
- Assists staff as needed on creating clear and understandable purchase requests and other documentation.
- Ensure that all Supplies, services and equipment’s required are delivered in time
- Carry out any other duties or tasked as assigned by procurement team lead or management
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- HND / B.Sc in any discipline
- Experience in Microsoft Office user including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook
- Minimum of 1 years cognitive experience
- Must have fair verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with email correspondence.
- Excellent and positive attitude
- Ability to multitask.
Deadline: 7th April, 2020
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive CV and Cover Letter in ONLY one attachment (MS Word document) explaining suitability for the job to: [email protected] using the “Job title” as subject of the email.
- Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails / mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional referees.
- Candidates must provide functional email addresses and telephone numbers of referees.