Chipper Cash delivers free and fair financial services that make the lives of millions of Africans better in a small way, every day. Our mission is to unlock global opportunities and bring Africa together, one transaction at a time. Chipper is the largest mobile cross-border money transfer platform in Africa and backed by some of the most reputable Venture Capital firms in the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Product Manager – Core
Location: Nigeria (Remote)
About The Role
- We’re looking for an experienced senior product manager to lead the Investments product area (Crypto and Stocks).
- You’ll partner with our engineering, design, legal and operations teams to formulate solutions to the complex challenges of our rapidly growing marketplace.
- The Product Management team is built on mutual respect, high trust, and high autonomy. You’ll work with a strong, entrepreneurial, and product-focused group of engineers and designers in a highly collaborative environment.
- This role requires a leader who thrives in ambiguity, identifies opportunities and moves fast to capture them, and has an unrelenting tenacity.
- The successful candidate will have strong organizational and influencing skills and use data to guide his/her decision-making.
What You’ll Do
- You are responsible for discovery, development and improvement of new and existing features within the Code Product (P2P transactions) product area.
- You’re responsible for expanding the product into new markets
- You own and shape the backlog and a roadmap
- You are responsible for coordinating resources, creating project timelines, to ensure on time delivery in high quality.
- You manage external product partners as well as internal stakeholders and communication.
- You interface with operations, customer support, finance and LRC to ensure that the desired economic and operational KPIs are met throughout the lifecycle while making sure the product is compliant and doesn’t put the company under risk .
- You analyse user feedback and drive continuous product improvement
- 3+ years of product management experience building consumer web and mobile products
- Experience working with engineering and product teams with Agile, Lean, and XP principles
- Oversee new feature development from start to finish: Ideation, Inception, Error/Risk mitigation, timely delivery, initial release, and data feedback gathering for informing future development
- User-centric design approaches and strong product instincts
- Ability to take a nebulous, vague list of desires & requirements and distill them down into engineering actionable items
- Bias for Execution; you focus on defining the right MVP, making difficult trade-offs and shipping effective features
- Exceptional Curiosity; you’re unafraid to ask questions, tinker, and learn to help drive product success
- Ability to analyze data from a variety of sources to identify key insights, pinpoint optimization opportunities, and inform product decisions
- Experience with SQL
- Strong leadership mindset focused on lifting those around you to achieve stronger results together.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Next Steps: If you feel you are a fit, please apply because we would love to hear from you. It means a lot to us that you have taken the time to read through our job description so thank you so much for your time. We wish you all the best in your job search.