Sterling Bank Plc “Your one-customer bank” is a full service national commercial bank in Nigeria. In over 50 years of operations, Sterling Bank (formerly NAL Bank) has evolved from the nation’s pre-eminent investment banking institution to a fully-fledged commercial bank; and completed a merger with 4 other banks – Indo-Nigeria Merchant Bank, Magnum Trust Bank, NBM Bank and Trust Bank of Africa – as part of the 2006 consolidation of the Nigerian banking industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Product Marketing Manager
- Location: Lagos
- Job Type: Full-time
We’re hiring talented, creative problem-solvers who want to build a career out of making BIG things happen. Join us if you’re:
- A creative thinker who is articulate, empathetic, and passionate about customer experience.
- Detail-oriented, curious and always thinking about ways customer interactions could be improved.
- We work in project-based sprints in small, interdisciplinary teams. We have big dreams. There are many interesting challenges ahead, and we’re happy for people to build new skills, specialise or move between teams.
About this Role
What will you be doing as a Product Marketing Manager?
- You will take part in the complete marketing experience as you lead every facet of the product’s journey.
- From determining positioning, naming, competitive analysis, feature prioritization and external communications, you help shape the voice of the product and help it grow a loyal consumer base.
- This means you work with a cross-functional team across sales, corporate communications, legal, webmasters, product development, engineering and more. In this role, you’ll be involved with product marketing strategy from beginning to end.
How will You Create Impact?
- As a Product Marketing Manager at SPOC, you will engage regularly with management to establish Marketing’s strategic direction, getting broad exposure to different parts of the business.
- You will work with teams and collaborate cross-functionally with key leaders within Marketing and across Product, Finance, and Engineering to solve our toughest challenges, advocate high priority projects, and drive greater operational rigor within Marketing.
- In this role, you will become an invaluable source of advice and essential partner to Marketing executives.
- Ideal candidates will have a hypothesis-driven approach to problem solving, strong quantitative skills, comfort tackling broad-reaching and ambiguous questions, and the ability to communicate and work collaboratively and cross-functionally with team members of all levels.
Your other responsibilities will include:
- Work across several aspects of marketing – from branding and positioning to targeted outreach and strategy, Go-to-Market strategy, campaigns, advocacy, events and communication.
- Create and execute innovative strategies and marketing plans that drive awareness, engagement and product adoption.
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders including product, user experience, design, analytics, creative and leadership, to drive product roadmaps, strategy and execution.
- Develop actionable, data-driven insights to inform product and marketing strategy.
- Leverage marketing insights to better understand our customers and represent the voice of the user.
How Will We Help You Grow?
- As a Product Marketing Manager (PMM), you will get the opportunity to learn new skills through training, an extensive network.
- We ensure you grow through interesting and challenging work, have an active voice in your career development and are a part of a culture that supports your growth through actively creating opportunities to expand your skills.
This might be for you if you…
- Experience with analytical problem solving, quantitative analysis, and communicating findings to senior management.
- Experience working in complex organizations where working across boundaries and developing strong organizational relationships are keys to success.
- Deep understanding of Finance and Technology industry.
- Demonstrated capacity for developing and understanding strategy.
- Ability to work in a fast-changing environment, with an entrepreneurial approach.
- Developed written and oral communication skills and effective interpersonal skills.
Nice to have:
- Proven ability to track, measure, and optimize multi-disciplined product operations team
- Business Process Outsourcing experience is strongly preferred
- Experience ramping and managing medium-large scale marketing operations preferred.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Closing Date