Seplat Energy Plc is a leading indigenous Nigerian oil and gas exploration and production company with a strategic focus on Nigeria, listed on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange (“LSE”) (LSE:SEPL) and Premium Board of the Nigerian Stock Exchange (“NSE”) (NSE:SEPLAT).
Seplat Energy is pursuing a Nigeria focused growth strategy and is well-positioned to participate in future divestment programmes by the international oil companies, farm-in opportunities and future licensing rounds. We are leading Nigeria’s energy transition towards cleaner, more reliable energy that is accessible to all.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Production Engineer
Overall Purpose of the Job
- Plan, coordinate and control in a cost-effective manner the production of the facility and associated integrated production system at Oben /Amukpe / Sapele/EA and ensure that production targets are met and plant integrity standards are safeguarded.
- Coordinate all production activities to meet oil and gas targets with due consideration to operating cost and technical integrity
- Set operational priorities in consultation with Operations and Maintenance Team members and Managers to meet production targets safely and within approved budget.
- Provide operational & technical advice, coaching and impart best practices and supervise younger staff through guidance on the job to enhance production efficiency
- Act as relief to the Production Operations Team Lead when absent from duty and ensure the safety and security of the facility in an emergency as well as performing the role of a member of the ERT in the control room.
- Identify requirements for plant and process modifications to enhance asset integrity, mange the work scope and lead the implementation to improve operational efficiency and life cycle of the facilities.
- Create, develop and enhance productive working relationships with colleagues, Supervisors, Managers, host communities and other stakeholders to sustain production.
- Uphold a state of readiness, control critical situations and organise the response to emergency situations to meet Seplat’s HSE strategies in the absence of the Facility Manager
- Identify potential operational problems and liaise with relevant Seplat technical functions with regard to resolving them to enhance operational efficiency and improve plant availability
- Monitor process / equipment performance / operability and effectively troubleshoot any process upset. Conduct and produce regular facility operations and equipment report to identify possible deviations and resolve problem to sustain facility availability.
- Manage the implementation of the Permit to Work System and ensure the required conditions for an effective and safe workplace is provided as a means to check and uphold HSE compliance.
- Ensure preventive maintenance tasks on critical facility process equipment are carried out to minimise breakdown and sustain asset integrity.
- Participate actively in integrated activities planning process and project reviews to ensure Operations inputs are captured to improve execution processes.
- Oil producing wells, flowstation & AGCS facilities
- No. Oil wells: 11,
- Gross production (Mb/d): 16, Gas Production (MMscf/d): 10
- Opex (US$): 2.4 – 4.5M
- Internal: Production process monitoring & control, Maintenance/Facility Manager, Mechanical/Instrument/Electrical Maintenance Team member, HSE, Corp Prod & Maint, HR, C&P
- External: Community, Third party contractors, NUPPR, NAPIMS, NMDPRA
Job Context and Challenges:
- To sustain production volume and improve facility availability through production & process optimisation, operational / technical integrity, statutory & HSE compliance.
- Capability of working for long durations & under pressure situations, willingness to work in shifts, ability to respond to emergency situations in the field, basic operations planning, working for extended hours in remote locations.
- B.Sc or HND in an Engineering discipline or Numerical Sciences with a minimum of 5 years of experience in oil & gas production operations. Must be skilled in core areas of production discipline.
Application Closing Date
6th September, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online